Multiboot i386

christianmusicvr

@jaclaz

Problem is both: UBCD4WIN specific and global multiboot.

@cdob

Problem is that both of us are guessing due to incomplete/missing reports.

christianmusicvr asked about UBCD, then he "switched" to UBCD4WIN....

...with all due respect :), technicians usually have more "organized" mental schemes....

...I was suggesting to engage on a single challenge at the time, as this is the usual approach I use.

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

@jaclaz

@cdob

...with all due respect :), technicians usually have more "organized" mental schemes....

...I was suggesting to engage on a single challenge at the time, as this is the usual approach I use.

jaclaz

I apologize for changing from ubcd to ubcd4win but I'm just trying to get a diag tool on the multiboot, I was downloading an older version of ubcd but it was ubcd4win (which I didn't notice at the time of download) so I tried to integrate it......

do you guys think you could help me out with the ubcd4win I think I'll go for that one since at least I got it to load to the text interface.. -- I'll try the suggested options and

do some more research, I'll post my results here and I'll post my cd layout too (I'm at work right now).

hopefully I'll still get help from you, once again I apologize for switching to ubcd4win

thanks......

@jaclaz

@cdob

jaclaz

I apologize for changing from ubcd to ubcd4win but I'm just trying to get a diag tool on the multiboot, I was downloading an older version of ubcd but it was ubcd4win (which I didn't notice at the time of download) so I tried to integrate it......

do you guys think you could help me out with the ubcd4win I think I'll go for that one since at least I got it to load to the text interface.. -- I'll try the suggested options and

do some more research, I'll post my results here and I'll post my cd layout too (I'm at work right now).

hopefully I'll still get help from you, once again I apologize for switching to ubcd4win

thanks......

I got UBCD4WIN to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what I did:

extracted all files from ubcd4win_3.22.iso to the aio-dvd folder, change i386 to BPE1, edit setupldr.bin & txtsetup.sif on the bcdw folder edit the bcdw.ini file i386 path

deleted bootfix.bin from i386(BPE1) folder -- extracted the boot sector from ubcd4win with ubcd4win_3.22.iso and saved it as BPE1.DAT and edited the binbootfixi386 to binbootfixBPE1

works for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now could you guys help me with the regular ubcd? I'm reading the guide already....

any help will be appreciated....

@christianmusicvr

Congratulations to integrate UBCD4Win.

Just to clarify: used approach did disable UBCD4Win mutliboot environment.

Core files are at \I386(BPE1) and \programs. You may delete directory BCDW.

There is no need to edit file txtsetup.sif. A PE does boot anyway.

Which UBCD version do you use?

UBCD use bootloader isolinux nowadays. That's contrary to old flyakite guide.

Load isolinux files at your used boot loader.

UBCD version 5b11 use can use BOTH "standard" isolinux and grub4dos (hd32) .iso mapping.

jaclaz

@christianmusicvr

Congratulations to integrate UBCD4Win.

Just to clarify: used approach did disable UBCD4Win mutliboot environment.

Core files are at \I386(BPE1) and \programs. You may delete directory BCDW.

There is no need to edit file txtsetup.sif. A PE does boot anyway.

I used UBCD4WIN 3.22 -- when you said it disabled "ubcd4win multiboot environment" does that mean the other applications from the main ubcd4win menu won't work?

I tested it a couple of time but I only ran the main ubcd interface but when it comes for the xp pro and home installs they did work!!!!!!

let me know......

now I'm looking into getting ubcd 4.11 or later...... that's the one I really want since I already have erd commander and I thought ubcd4win had system restore (since erd commander has it) and I was looking to replace erd commander with ubcd4win but I need system restore so now I'll leave erd commander, drop ubcd4win and get working on ubcd 4.11 or later....

let me know if you run into any helpful links or any other interesting threads regarding the topic!!!!!!!!!!!!1

thanks.....