GIMAGEX will not work after PXE boot

Carls233

I have configured Windows PE 2.x to boot from a TFTP server to PXE clients and it loads up PE and will run all other utilities from the mapped X:\ drive except that GIMAGEX will not run. When the command is typed for this nothing happens. IMAGEX works fine and VB programs that I created work fine. I can get GIMAGEX to work if I boot from a CD with the same WIM file and run it from the optical drive letter such as D:\ but it does not seem to want to launch from drive X:\ Is there a way around this? Is this a know issue that it will not run from a RAMDISK drive? Is there anyway around this problem? Any help would be great.

• 2 weeks later...

Never found a real solution so had to use a workaround! Mapped a UNC drive using startnet.cmd and launched GIMAGEX from this physical location. Maybe an issue within the GIMAGEX application in that it does not like launching from RAMDISK drives, maybe related to working directory issues?

Is this Geezery's GimageX or the other one? With Geezery's release, you have to register a DLL before launching it.

You might also run Gimagex on a client and see how much memory it is using. It may not load if there is not enough RAM in the MININT client?

• 2 weeks later...

This is the GIMAGEX from autoitscript.com. I can only assume it is an issue with the application in that it needs some kind of physical working directory? All the VB scripts I have written works great from a PXE boot Win PE WIM file running from a virtual drive via TFTP it just seems to be this application that is not happy. The RAM on the workstation and local hardware is very high spec and this issue occurs on a large number of PC's both of which are current Dell and HP models.