problem with loading wpi.hta

hi

I recently upgraded to wpi 7.2.2 and really liked the changes you made to it. also i upgraded the $oem$ to use RunWPI_Zune.exe

it works perfect but when i load windows setup with " winnt32.exe /makelocalsource " switch, it doesn't copy the contents of the $oem$ folder and accordingly doesn't run the wpi in the first login.

i copied the $oem$ folder contents to the " $WIN_NT$.~LS\$OEM$ " folder and reinstalled the windows but in the first login it said it couldn't find "c:\wpi\wpi.hta" !

I know i can copy the wpi folder to the systemdrive but i don't want to because it needs more space on the drive and also gets more time.

is there another way to load wpi.hta from the CD/DVD drive ?

thanks Kelsenellenelvian. yes i've read it before but they're not working because i think the RunWPI.exe tries to find the wpi.hta in it's own drive and it cannot find it because it is now in " C:\$WIN_NT$.~LS\$OEM$ " folder and wpi.hta is in the CD drive.

i tried to load it in RunOnceEx.cmd by the commands you mentioned in the manual, but i couldn't stop desktop from loading.

can you tell me how to do it ?

• 2 weeks later...