Can I get a driver from an .exe without executing it?

MPalmz

I need to integrate some drivers that are in an .exe file. And that file cannot be executed properly on my system. Here is the gist: My notebook runs x86 and I'd like to install a vLited x64, but Sony doesn't offer x64 support for the FZ series. However there are drivers that will function properly on my machine from another notebook in the Vaio line-up that comes with x64. I've tried installing those onto my machine (in order to do an export with Driver Max for integration with the vLited ISO) but alas the .exe file will not complete it's installation. It concludes with an error saying that the driver was not meant for my computer.

So I want to pull the driver out manually some how and integrate it into my OS install disk with vLite. I'm sure this is possible but can anyone tell me how?

if for any reason that doesn't work, sometime you can do this..

start, run

%temp%

press enter..

now run the exe, and check the new folders created, it might have extracted them to a folder in the temp dir, where you can copy from there, then cancel the wizard :)

I need to integrate some drivers that are in an .exe file. And that file cannot be executed properly on my system. Here is the gist: My notebook runs x86 and I'd like to install a vLited x64, but Sony doesn't offer x64 support for the FZ series. However there are drivers that will function properly on my machine from another notebook in the Vaio line-up that comes with x64. I've tried installing those onto my machine (in order to do an export with Driver Max for integration with the vLited ISO) but alas the .exe file will not complete it's installation. It concludes with an error saying that the driver was not meant for my computer.

So I want to pull the driver out manually some how and integrate it into my OS install disk with vLite. I'm sure this is possible but can anyone tell me how?

As above try extracting the .exe using winrar, works for me with my printer/display drivers

Edited by irvysan

Just found out that Sony Japan released x64 drivers for some of their notebooks with no support for the drivers or the OS. I have everything working except my webcam and fn keys.

if for any reason that doesn't work, sometime you can do this..

start, run

%temp%

press enter..

now run the exe, and check the new folders created, it might have extracted them to a folder in the temp dir, where you can copy from there, then cancel the wizard :)

This is money. Thanks.