Setting and lock the number of Quick Launch icons

vgsangiuliano

Hi some time ago i found a reg key to solve my problem but unfortunately I'm not able to find it again.

The problem is: I want only a certain number of icons showed in the quick launch.

I found a reg key that made this: you could choose for example to show only 5 or 6 icons and then if any new software installation would have created a quick launch icon, it wouldn't have been displayed if the number of quick launch icons exceeded the one you set.

Does anyone know which reg key can do this?

Thank you

Thank you for your reply. I've already read that post but I was looking for another thing. I found some days ago in some website a reg file that do the following: after you set up your taskbar and export the correspondent reg keys and so on and import them at t-12 to have it for all users, this website gives a key for block the number of icons in quick launch. So if you set this reg key to value 4 every new software that installs a shortcut on quick launch will do that but no icons will appear in the quick launch bar and no arrows will appear to notice you that you have other quick launch icons.