Vista SP2 Beta DHCP question

Phoneguy

I did a quick search for information on this and found nothing on the subject. I installed Vista sp2 Beta on my Dell Inspiron 1720 laptop with Vista Ultimate and after all was said and done and the reboot was complete I cannot connect to a wired or wireless network, I also recieve an error stating that the DHCP client has stopped working and needs to be restarted. Attempting to restart the DHCP client fails, any suggestions besides uninstall?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Had to edit post I own and Inspiron 1720, no idea what I was thinking.

Edited by Phoneguy

If anyone else has this same problem I figured it out, SYSFER.DLL belongs to Symantec CMC Firewall it was causing the problem. After looking into the problem description and uninstalling Symantec Endpoint the problem is gone. I can use both network connections, of course I will need to replace Symantec with something else, any suggestions?

Try wireless pack windows update from microsoft for Wireless Pack (KB942567) x64

thats already included within SP2

...delivered by the inclusion of the Vista Feature Pack for Wireless.

http://www.computerworld.com/action/articl...ticleId=9122258

After looking into the problem description and uninstalling Symantec Endpoint the problem is gone.

ok heres a fun game. replace the word "Endpoint" with any other word and the statement is still true! hehe -sorry i cant resist taking a cheap shot at symantec after the countless hours ive wasted working around their stupid problems.

Geek, I am beginning to agree with you completely on the amount of time wasted trouble shooting Symantec and Windows conflicts. I have decided to give Eset products a try, any opinions on their offerings would be helpful. I had already reinstalled the wireless pack a second time incase something happened during install it didn’t help, that is when I decided to look into the event log and dig into details.

Thanks for the help and suggestions.