Memtest can't run on my rig

Messerschmitt

So yea, ever since I got this computer memtest is just freezing my computer after "Loading......................." when it tries to boot from the CD.

Is it my motherboard?

The same CD runs memtest on my old Athlon XP 1600+

I have tried running memtest with each stick of ram individually, and also changing their slots.

Any ideas of how I can trouble shoot it and see if it's indeed the motherboard? I don't really have any other problems with my mobo.

E6750

GA-P35-DS3R

Corsair 2x1GB 800mhz (TWIN2x2048-6400C4)

HIS 4870

Hi.

yes Windows Diagnostics runs fine on this machine. No I don't have another mobo to try on. This machine works perfect from what I could see, except very few BSOD's.

I will try the flash version, however I kinda don't have a flash memory. I hope my flash mp3 player might work, will try it tomorrow :rolleyes:

Hi.

yes Windows Diagnostics runs fine on this machine. No I don't have another mobo to try on. This machine works perfect from what I could see, except very few BSOD's.

I will try the flash version, however I kinda don't have a flash memory. I hope my flash mp3 player might work, will try it tomorrow :rolleyes:

You could also try the floppy version if you have a floppy drive :)

That would take so long, and I barely have any space in my case. I guess I could do that as a last resort, when something is wrong.

Anyway, I tried that usb thing on my flash mp3 player but it dosen't really work.

Now what I did was un-rar it and get the .exe and put it in the flash drive. Hopefully I didn't had to leave it as a .exe.zip

I have also tried the following things in BIOS to try to boot up from the flash drive, but it just skipped to HDD. "ZIP / USB-FDD / USB-ZIP / USB-CDROM / USB-HDD / Pioneer DVD (which seems is the same as CD-ROM, which is my Pioneer DVD)". I did not try LS120 (no clue what it is) and Legacy LAN (the name kinda gave it away).

So did I did the correct steps?

EDIT: Or I guess the mp3 player is not bootable. I was thinking of buying one of those 4GB voyagers for 20$. Looks like a nice investment.

Edited by Messerschmitt

You changed the boot order so 'USB-HDD' was before 'HDD'? Also you might need to enable 'USB Legacy Support', not really familiar with your mobo though. Make sure the drive is formatted FAT32. Additionally I think its possible on some motherboards to have a mix of USB ports that are bootable or not. Since the problem isnt really Memtest but getting your computer to load it I am moving this topic to Hardware Hangout. :)