"H-Access is denied" with nLite 1.4.9.1 + XP x64

LeveL

Strange. Very strange.

haccessisdeniedpq5.png

After this it seems to crap out, leaving the driver tmp folder there etc.

It says this after all hotfixes are integrated and it is just about to start removing things.

No, its not some "H:" drive either! I do not have a H drive.

But it doesn't always crap out, I think the last one I tried was usable but I needed all the WMP11 hotfixes, even though nLite had run the WMP11 slipstreamer itself it never seemed to take any notice of the 15 or so WMP11 hotfixes.

I will keep trying.

What I need is a proper update pack for XP x64 like the Onepiece one, but x64.

One of the IE7 hotfixes is 35Mb! nLite won't integrate this, it never has been able to with any hotfixes starting with "IE7" so, those are installed afterwards but 35Mb added to the ISO is crazy, there must be some way to actually slipstream this monstrous 35Mb hotfix?

EDIT: I just moved this error out of the way and it says KB954600 on nLite so I guess this is the hotfix causing it.

Is it because I am running all this on a 32-Bit version of XP?

If so then, this seems a little bit silly, that nLite has to actually execute these hotfixes in order to slipstream them? :blink:

Edited by LeveL

LeveL, please attach (not paste) your LastSession.ini and make sure you are not running nLite more than once against the same source. I don't know if you can nLite a XP x64 source under a 32 bit XP. I strongly suspect you cannot slipstream an SP. That may be your problem. Can you get to a 64 bit OS? As you can see on the side, I am running XP x64. I have no trouble with any updates, IE7 or otherwise. KB956391 does not integrate properly, so I do that out of the RunOnce exit. See this post for a great tutorial on making an XP x64 ISO. Notice what it says in RED at the top. Enjoy, John.

nLite is not allowing you to access your Hentai, unforgivable! As we all know

More seriously, read this guide. IE7 hotfixes will integrate BUT you have to make sure that the original IE7 installer is above them on the list. 5eraph maintains an update pack over at the RyanVM forums (not yet updated for December).

Unfortunately you will encounter problems with nLiteing a x64 install media on a x32 platform.

Hentai = Japanese for perverted (rough translation).

The first thing I do when reinstalling Windows on other people's computers is run a malware scan on their hard drive. On one friend's computer it took over half an hour to go through a folder named "Hentai".

So when I rebuilt the OS I scheduled a task to play that song on every startup.

I had to install x64 in VMware and nLite the whole thing inside VMware. It is OK now.

Seriously though have you really got to have that 35Mb hotfix (KB958215) on the ISO and install it?

1 - Why is this KB958215 hotfix so huge?

2 - Why does nLite never slipstream these "IE7-*.exe" hotfixes, regardless of whether IE7 is at the top of the list or not?

Seems like such a waste of space on the ISO thats all. :blink: 35Mb for one stupid "hotfix". Even the IE7 setup isn't that big.

Just noticed my WUA is from July 2007 when theres an October 2008 one out, thats why THAT didn't work then, hmmmm... its almost all done now except this massive hotfix KB958215.

LeveL, I cannot answer why the hot fix KB958215 is so large. Perhaps you can get a reply from MS. I have built an ISO using the complete list on Kurt_Aust's site and installed it in VMware Server with no problem. This includes two of IE7-* fixes, 180 and 670 in his list. Are you still not running nLite under XP x64? if so, that is probably your problem. Enjoy, John.