how to make a software

swapy

Guys I am New to this forum. I want to know how to make softwares for windows .

how guys make freeware softwares and all ? well I knw little bit java,c,c++and vb .

Please guide and if you can tell me perfect tutorial for software making ill appreciate that..

all suggestions are appreciated .

guys till now no one was able to gimme proper guidance for software making so please try to give it proper way :-)

well waiting for your answers ..

I used to do JAVA, so for JAVA visit http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp and download the JDK(Java Development Kit). I should have the runtime bundled with it and you should be able to program from notepad or textpad and compile on the command line.

If you want GUI IDE then JDK with NetBeans is the one you want from that link above, and that is a great free way to develop GUIs in JAVA because frankly hand coding a JAVAGUI is a pain in the butt.

As for C and C++ on windows your best bet would be Visual Studio, but that can only really be got for free from MSDN-AA (MicroSoft Developers Network - Academic Alliance). Free Microsoft Express integrated development environments can be found at http://www.microsoft.com/express/product/.

I don't know for sure but some software developed in Visual Studio might require a developer's license to distribute.

Guys I am New to this forum. I want to know how to make softwares for windows .

how guys make freeware softwares and all ? well I knw little bit java,c,c++and vb .

Please guide and if you can tell me perfect tutorial for software making ill appreciate that..

all suggestions are appreciated .

guys till now no one was able to gimme proper guidance for software making so please try to give it proper way :-)

well waiting for your answers ..

Since you mention VB and C you would feel right at home using AutoIt. It is probably the quickest solution to get code from your head to a compiled program. And, it's free. It is designed to create GUI based software and it does this well. It is very good for beginners and is well supported on their forums.

On the input side you create source that is kind of a hybrid mix of Visual Basic and C (much better integrated than Visual Studio ever was, IMHO). The ouput is a standalone Windows EXE file, 32 or 64 bit, ANSI or Unicode. The CHM help files are very useful. Be sure to dissect the supplied samples to get good ideas.

One thing to know, the EXE's are kind of a compound file that are usually easily decompiled to their original source code, that means they are not secure from the programmer's point of view. But I kind of like this because I can check out the source code when I have a suspect file. This of course is not possible with mainstream high level languages.

Useful tip: AutoIt comes with a syntax highlighting IDE which is a lite version of SciTE. Be sure to get the latest FULL version (also free) here and overwrite the existing one (SciTE is updated frequently). This is a nice piece of software too. It is a highly configureable source code editor and is easily linked to whatever language it is used with, in this case: AuoIt.