Power and Cooling supply not compatible

rjisinspired

I had received a 500 watt atx compatible power supply to replace and Ultra supply not long ago and I realize that the connector wires from the P and C power supply are too long and I won't be able to maneuver them appropriately, nor put back my components correctly. This I did not expect.

The Ultra microfly case is small and it looks like many standard and compatible supplies have wire connectors of longer length. The ultra supplies I am finding out are either a search to find and many are discontinued items.

I'll have to order an ultra type of supply even though they are cheap, they will fit without longer wires. The way an ultra case is designed, moving the wires out of the way will not work out because then I won't be able to put back the drives, nor have access to the motherboard

I have included an image of the length of the wires from the back of the Ultra supply.

Is there a supply that has shorter wires? If not I'll have to find and order an Ultra brand supply.

post-111891-1229037203_thumb.jpg

The first image is of the power supply. Second is of the case inside. Third is an angled shot showing where the CD/DVD drive would go. The space between the DVD guide and where a power supply is inserted doesn't give enough space to tuck in thick and long wires and I wouldn't be able to access the motherboard, nor be able to put in drives.

The P and C supply that is going back is already packed up and ready to go. Wish I did get pictures of it. The cables/wires are in this thicker, fabric-like, casing and is about a foot or slightly more in length.

My camera batteries just died. I don't have any spares so I'll have to wait to take more pictures I'm afraid.

post-111891-1229073507_thumb.jpg

post-111891-1229073521_thumb.jpg

post-111891-1229073528_thumb.jpg

Modular power supply??

Thats my best suggestion.

That way you may still have longer cables BUT you no longer have ALOT of them jus the ones you need.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817159087

Cons: Stay away from this psu if you have a mid tower or larger. This psu would be a great fit in a mATX box. The cables are ridiculously short.
Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

I think the problem may be the actual physical length of the PCPC power supply... PCPC tends to have longer then average power supplies. I think in your case, you may want to shop around for a quality modular power supply, as short as possible as well.

For now I found an LS500 by Ultra for the time being. Not a lot of supply images online show lengths and thicknesses of wire and when they do they appear to be too long and too thick to be manageable. The LS500 is just about what is required for an ultrabox microfly case and for 26.00, 30 dollar mail-in rebate, definitely can't go wrong.

This will give me more time to look and ask around about supplies though for now I need something that will be guaranteed to work.

The v-series supplies are pretty much discontinued items. The LS (lifetime series) regular and pro models are the next alternatives to the V series by Ultra.

I do thank those for the recommendations and I will look further into them. For now I need something and hopefully this LS500 will last longer, hopefully, until I find an alternative supply that will be doable.