[Solved] Want to upgrade CPU on a DELL Dimension E310

ceez

hello fellow msfn-ers!

So I purchased this great little dell tower in Jan of 2006, it's already going to be 3 years old. It works fine with a 2.8ghz pentium and 2 gigs of ram.

I am not really in the mood to shell out the money to build my own cause honestly I dont need it. I just use this for good ol internet, email, word, movie watching and no gaming.

I am upgrading the video card to a 512mb pci and adding an LG bluray player to watch bluray on my lcd tv. While I am at I figured why not try to upgrade the cpu.

I know that DELL is a pain in the a$$ when it comes to upgrading cause well, honestly they rather you buy a new rig than upgrade the one you already purchased....smart for them, bad for end users.

The problem is that I dont know how high I can go on the cpu (if even possible). I am attaching 2 screenshots from cpu-z which provide dell mobo info as well as my cpu info.

I did a search on pricewatch for another intel with a socket 775 LGA and found the following 3.8ghz intel.

I know there are some hardcore hardware guys here in msfn that can help me decipher my mobo's capabilities :)

And going to the dell website is useless cause they recommend a 2.8 celery and another pentium 2.8 with "service kit" for 270...yeah right!

let me know if you need any additional information.

thanks,

ceez

:thumbup

post-6264-1229025998_thumb.jpg

Edited by ceez