Website hosting. What do you reccomend?

weEvil

I'm looking for a good website host.

What do you recommend in Canada?

The site I'm going to host is going to be pretty heavy on graphics, but I don't expect any major traffic for at least a year until its fully operational. So I'm looking for something that starts out cheap and is flexible.

Reputation is most important. I don't want anything shady like GoDaddy.

Is a domain name always included?

Yes. Well I can only recommend Anhosting.com and Dreamhost.

Both are really great. Anhosting will probably have a black friday or cyber monday deal. I got mine last year from the black friday deal, I got 1TB of space and 10TB of bandwidth.

And they have really great tech support

But I have also heard that dreamhost is very good as well.

Go with Dreamhost. You get more bang for your buck. I've got a collection of tons of promotion codes if you decide to go with them.

I looked at the Dreamhost website. I don't like the unlimited disk space and unlimited bandwidth 'forever'.

For less than $6/mo there must be a catch. Looks like they're overselling.

well anhosting also oversells. pretty much every shared hosting company oversells.

for a bandwidth intensive site i would not suggest shared, maybe start off at a low end VPS if at all possible.

what exactly were you looking to pay per month? 5,10,15,20??

well anhosting also oversells. pretty much every shared hosting company oversells.

for a bandwidth intensive site i would not suggest shared, maybe start off at a low end VPS if at all possible.

what exactly were you looking to pay per month? 5,10,15,20??

I want to start off low, $5/month sounds great. This is until I get everything assembled, then upgrade my plan as is necessary. This is why I need something flexible.

ya i know, you love it so far don't you?? :)

they are pretty good for shared hosting but every shared host oversells.

for some of the sites i have i need a fast cpu and lots of ram, i have some pretty large mysql databases.. now i have a dedi with a harpertown and 6gb of ram :)

Go with Dreamhost. You get more bang for your buck. I've got a collection of tons of promotion codes if you decide to go with them.

I looked at the Dreamhost website. I don't like the unlimited disk space and unlimited bandwidth 'forever'.

For less than $6/mo there must be a catch. Looks like they're overselling.

I've been with them for a little less than a year. The only catch is that they don't allow personal backups on their space.