Hung on splash screen

rickytheanuj

Hi! 2 all

I am a hardware and networking technician in an ISP, I got a problem which i m unable to solve, so pleae i request you guys to help me.

My system is made of Intel Original 945 board, intel 3.0 processor, 512 MB of ram, My problem is when run the computer it shows splash screen (Post Screen) on display.. n yes, that's it!,

No respond.

But when i disconnect my harddisk and CD rom. then it shows, "Unable to detect boot device". What can i Do?

I also tried a bootable LIVE Linux CD, but not worked it Hang on Post displaying a message press "F2" for setup.

If i press F2, some time it goes to Bios otherwise this function is also stop.

please help me

Sounds like the classic "5A" symptom.

1. Try with just the CD or Hard Drive connected. By connected I mean Data AND Power, don't just unplug one. When unplugging the Data cable, unplug it from the board, not the drive.

2. Replace all data cables if you can't narrow it down to one drive or the other.

3. There might be more than 1 bad drive.

5A is a post code that Intel boards may display. It is when the BIOS is reading the disk controllers, be it SATA or IDE. If it has a problem with any device on that bus, it can stop. 99% of the time, replacing a data cable fixes it. Its usually SATA for me because CD drives aren't that common anymore. Its very rare that replacing a drive fixes that issue but it does happen.

I chalk this up to eventual breakdown of the insides of a data cable, expanding to a tolerance above what is recommended, or a failure on a drive's controller circuits. We never figure out exactly which of these it could be, we just defect out the parts!