New XP3/IE7/WMP11/DX9 build

leozack

OK well you said your way had no errors logged so I'm trying it your way. I extracted the dotnetfx3in1 from the dotnet addon I had been using that was being integrated/installed at T13 (when setup sats 13 minutes remaining). It seems even without dotnet in there I still have other things going on during T13, I guess some of my other addons. I moved it to the cd root and modified my guirunonce script to run it.

color 2a
echo Installing .NET 3-in-1

DotNetFX3In1.exe

echo Copying local i386 source to c:\i386

if not exist c:\i386 md c:\i386
cd i386
xcopy /e /i /h *.* c:\i386\
cd..

echo Registering c:\i386 source

regedit /s IE7WMP11.reg

I let my install finish and it must have run my batchfile because I have the c:\i386 folder it creates but again it is empty, no copying has taken place, nor has dotnet been installed. Removing @echo off didn't help them.

I logged on and more things happened but only for a second - even then the stuff in the batchfile wasn't happening. I've run the batchfile manually now and 10m later it's still waiting for dotnetfx3in1 to finish ... I checked the event viewer and sure enough some app log warnings aren't there anymore. But I still have some - after a bunch of LoadPerf messages I have a bunch of WinMgmt warnings?

So it looks like I may need to setup an auto login in order for guirunonce to happen before I come back to the PC and login? (the aim of the game is to have everything done before I have to login, that's why it worked well integrating into the source or installing at T13 during installation - depending on the addon)

I've attached my latest session ini - all done in 1 go! :P I don't do any drivers or hotfixes - that's why they're not in the session ini! Though I guess I do have those msupdates I downloaded to add as htofixes now? :/ But surely I can't since they may be updating stuff that isn't even installed til guirunonce? (eg dotnet)?

PS it finally just finished the dotnet3in1 part of the batchfile and moved on to the bit where it copies all of cd:\i386 to c:\i386. Shame I had to run the abtchfile manually cos it didn't run itself! Now it's finished I checked the event log, and the same warnings I've seen before are in there - eg ASPNET ones saying IIS isn't installed or is disabled (it should be fine so dunno why it says otherwise?)

LAST_SESSION.INI

Edited by leozack

leozack, I do know what T-13 is, I just did not understand what you meant by 'installed at T-13'. If you are using an AddOn for .NET then most of the work is done at nLite run time and some is done at T-13. If you will look at nLite.inf (NLITE.IN_), you will see a large file created by nLite. This is run at T-13 and takes some time. I don't think it is a good idea to get your .NET as extracted from an AddOn. I would suggest you DL it from MS Download Center. Again, see Kurt_Aust's thread for the switches he uses to install .NET and its updates. You cannot place the .NET updates in the hot fix section of nLite. It is for XP x64, but the switches will be the same. You can use /quiet switch instead of the /passive switch to have a totally quiet install vs one you can see running. Kurt_Aust prefers seeing things running and I usually leave them that way. I think you should use AutoLogon. I assume you did start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders? Windows Updates are fine in the hot fix section - I see you have an Update Pack. I see you are installing IE7. Have you considered IE8? 7-Zip is up to 4.65 - yours is down level. I am no batch file expert, but I don't understand yours. I think your xcopy needs to specify a source using the %Source%. Please see Kurt_Aust's thread to see how he copies files (he uses Copy). Once you get running, we can look at some of your errors if you will post screen shots. Enjoy, John.

Thanks for the reply. I didn't mean this thread to dragon so long!

OK so the .NET addon I use is stimpy's 3-in-1 ... it DOES NOT include .NET 1.1. For this reason, I'm using his dotnetaio.exe which doesn't include .NET 1.1. It doesn't need any switches it's already totally silent, hence I run it straight from the batchfile. It is from here

http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?...f3f2cab98e525fd

I haven't got any updates for .NET I don't think. The only hotfixes I have downloaded (but forgot to try in latest build, will try again today with hotfixes) I listed up above (in post #6), and the .NET one I couldn't get a download of and someone said it's for firefox browsers to irrelevant anyway (see the final post on the thread I just linked above). Not sure what you're mentioning XP x64 for.

I guess I will have to use autologon if I can no longer have everything done via integration and via T13 svcpack.

I start with a fresh copy of files that already have sp3 and wmp11 slipstreamed.

I don't want IE8 yet. All in due time :P

I dont' mind 7zip being out of date - things like 7zip really dont' need to be uptodate - it works :P

My xcopy doesn't specify the source because it's supposed to be running from the CD and by specifying no source it should be working form the local CD root directory where the abtchfile is run. If it isn't, then yes I must try giving the source destination a full path. I didn't know I could use %source% variable inside the batchfile - I can? That solves that problem then. I guess %source% still includes the trailing backslash then?

I'll try this stuff again after work today

Edited by leozack

leozack, the reason I keep talking about XP x64 is with respect to Kurt_Aust's thread. It is for XP x64, but the principles apply to XP. You can see there how he defines the various commands and how the %Source% works in the batch file. Please spend some time looking at his thread - only need to look at page 1. If I was writing the copy command (remember, I stated that I was far from an expert), I would write something like this (an no MD command):

Xcopy "%Source%I386" "C:\MY_I386" /Q /S /E /H /K /C /Y

Enjoy, John.

You'll note over at kurt_aust's thread you keep mention step 1-4 : that is to use nlite seperately ot slipstream the source, and then booogies wmp integrator to integrate wmp11 - then back this up as your working directory and apply your addons/hotfixes in a seperate nlite stage after that. This is what I've done.

Tonight I've tried about 3 builds (takes nearly an hours each! :(

First time I messed the path to my FirstRun.bat since I made a folder called Extra on the cd where I put it, along witht he dotnet3in1.exe and my ie7wmp11.reg file and tooltipfixer setup file since that requires dotnet I have to run it after the dotnet install. It also totally failed to logon automatically even though in nlite I set autologon count to 1 not 0.

So I tried again and this time I fixed the path to be %SOURCE%Extra\FirstRun.bat. I also noticed on the "autologon" section of nlite there was a pulldown for which user which was on none - I set it t Administrator. I also saw a tickbox saying "blank password" so I ticked that too.

The next build DID automatically logon (maybe because I selected administrator in the pulldown - maybe because I ticked black password) but when it was installing the password field had 1 * in both fields - I left it there and it all worked - but this is undesirable, I'd prefer it to literally remain blank as always - else I might aswell make ANOTHER user innlite users page, like "Install" with a password of "installer" and set that to be the autologon once so it can ru the batchfile. That way when you install you can still leave the administrator password as properly blank?

The autorun file did run, but after it installed dotnet and tooltipfixer it exited - it didn't copy any of the contents of %source%i386 to c:\i386 which it should. But I just realised that's because it was using %LOCAL% not %SOURCE% (I created %LOCAL% and set it to be %SOURCE%Extra. OK I can sort that then.

It also made a $OEM$ folder with the cmdlines.txt in which it hasn't done before ... all beacuse the autologon? :/ If that's always going to be there I might aswell move my stuff into there from the Extra folder I made? :/

So the only issue I think now is the autologon ... do I need to tick the blank password tickbox in nlite? Can I haev the passwrd fields literally blank during install as usual or must it haev that * in them?

I've also included some screenshots of the event log application errors - mostly complaining IIS isn't installed?

And 1 screenshot showing the batch file complaining that Timeout isn't a valid command - if oyu check my lastsession.ini you see it is part of guirunonce ahead of the command to run the batchfile. I thought that was right? :/

LAST_SESSION.INI

post-164691-1247177609_thumb.png

post-164691-1247177616_thumb.png

post-164691-1247177623_thumb.png

post-164691-1247177630_thumb.png

Edited by leozack

leozack, the Timeout command problem is because XP does not have the command - sorry, I now remember Kurt_Aust talking about that. In W2000, Kurt_Aust uses

Ping -n 11 127.0.0.1 > nul

I don't understand what this does other than cause some delay. Again, Kurt_Aust thinks it is needed and I just leave it. If your AutoLogon is working, I would leave it as is. I create my real user account, assign a PW and set it to never expire. I leave AutoLogon run always. I have also used boooogy's WMP11 Slipstreamer then run nLite, but since the running of it is integrated into nLite I just place the WMP11 installer and updates in the hot fix section - see my Last Session. I was not correct in suggesting that you could place you copies into the $OEM$ file, since you want to copy the entire I386 folder. I think it would work, but you would need to place two copies into your source folder. I thought disabling OEMPreinstall (which you have) would kill the $OEM$ folder, but it does seem I remember seeing something about AutoLogon and the $OEM$ folder, but can't find it right now. I don't have any help on your errors, except some questions and suggestions. Have you installed ASP.NET from MS? Perhaps the .NET installer you are using is doing something bad. Would you consider my previous suggestion to use the .NET installer and updates from the MS DL Center? For more information on the errors, click on the link provided in the message. I have found some very good information there - and some worthless. I get a rash of errors from an application I install, a couple of warnings about a Print function and a couple of DCOM errors which seem to be common in my system until I install a fix. I assume mine are coming before my batch file gets the fix installed. I get no more errors as time goes by. The * in the password is the indication for blank. Hope this helps, John.

OK I just did a new build. Yes - I found out w2003 ahs the timeout function so like kurt_aust, I added a ping 127.0.0.1 > nul which for your information pings that IP which is the loopback IP of your local pc so it's pretty quick, and > nul says output is sent to nul - aka - nowhere - aka nothing is shown onscreen. nul could be a textfile you want to save the output to if you wanted.

Anyway I found if i don't tick "blank password" but DO select administrator from the account pulldown and autologon set to 1, it DOES logon once, and I don't get the * during setup - which is good.

My batch file also ran - apart from my xcopy! Which I realised was missing the *.* so I'm now running another install attempt with that in there to see if it all works.

All the errors from my previous post are still ine vent log though :/

My batchfile, the dotnet installer, the tooltipfixer installer, and my 2 regfiles are all in $OEM$ since autologon creates that folder and puts cmdlines.txt in there I thought I'd use it instead of my own Extra folder.

My batchfile :

@echo off
cls
color 2a
set LOCAL=%SOURCE%$OEM$

echo.
echo.

%LOCAL%\DotNetFX3In1.exe

echo.
echo Installing Tooltip Fixer
echo.

%LOCAL%\ToolTipFixer2.0.0.exe /S

echo.
echo.

xcopy "%SOURCE%i386\*.*" "c:\i386\" /e /i /h /q /k /c

echo.
echo.

regedit /s %LOCAL%\I386.reg

echo.
echo Configuring IE7 and WMP11
echo.

regedit /s %LOCAL%\IE7WMP11.reg

--------------------

OK that finished and the batchfile executed perfectly - all ok!

However - I still have those eventlog errors (but thenI did notice a section innlite about installing IIS or not, and mine is set to default, which I guess is no)

I also found MSWU had the following updates waiting : kb926139 kb963707 kb969897.

If you look in my hotfix list you see I have 926139 and 969897 in there - so dunno what they're showing up. And 963707 is for firefox only so irrelevant on ym virtual pc - shouldn't happen on real pc without firefox

LAST_SESSION.INI

Edited by leozack

leozack, you did not answer the questions I asked in my last reply, so I will again suggest that you quit using the 3 in 1 .NET installer and use the real files from MS DL Center. Place them in your batch file as Kurt_Aust shows. If this does not prevent the errors, then remove all the AddOns you have and see if that does. Update KB963707 is not a Firefox update, it is a .NET update (Firefox support) and I suspect MS does not have a method to detect that Firefox is installed on your system. I got the request to install the x64 version of the update on my real machine (never nLited), and I installed it to stop the notifications. The other two updates that were in your nLite hot fix section, but WUD still told you about them, could be some that nLite is unable to integrate. Please do a search in these forums for the KB numbers and see if they are. If so, then place the installers into your batch file as Kurt_Aust does. Are you testing under a virtual system? If not, you should consider one. Enjoy, John.

johnhc - my last post was more an update on what I've done and that it works (the batch file), for other people's benefit. Your only question was "have you tried the MS .net installer" which I haven't because I'm using an addon that doesn't include 1.1 but does include 2/3/3.5. kurt_aust in his guide essentially puts everything into batchfiles and runs them after install. This isn't integration at all, and afaia takes longer since you have to wait for stuff to install after windows because it wasn't included IN windows. This defies most the point of nlite.

But in the search for an eventlog free of errors, I will most likely try more builds despite the one I have working fine other than those eventlog errors.

I may download the ms .net 2, 3, 3.5 installers, and the hotfixes for them (what I told you with the 963707 firefox one was I couldn't find a download link for it, not I didn't want it), and watch as they spend all day installing from the batch file :/ I shall search for those 2 other hotfixes and see if they're integratable or not.

PS I know you couldn't do XPSP2 stuff under vista - but if I bring my better PC in here with vista and try to do builds on that so it doesn't take so long making the building and installing in VM - will it work ok in vista 64bit even thouguh I'm building xp 32bit?

Edited by leozack

leozack, the last batch file of yours I looked at used the guts of the AddOn, not the actual AddOn. This is essentially the same as using the MS installers. My comment on 'watching' the long install is - Don't Watch! MS update 963707 can easily be found at the MS DL Center by searching for KB963707. On using Vista to build for XP. Good question. Some have had problems and it is known that integrating an SP does not work. I say give it a try and let us know your experience. Vista 32 or 64 bit, same thoughts. I hope you do know that when you are only changing your batch file or the files it calls, you do not need to run nLite again, except to build an ISO. Enjoy, John.

I'm struggling to work out exactly what you're suggesting I do to move forward (and yes, the dotnet3in1.exe was extracted from the addon that doens't contain .net 1.1 - and I'm running it post-install from the batchfile).

What I'm doing now is rearranging my folders and trying to seperate the stuff I integrate from the stuff I run post-install from the batchfile (which is the stuff I always wanted to integrate, oh well)

Here's what I integrate

E:\XPLite\nLite\Integrate\IE7\NR_IE7en_Addon_2.0.4a.7z
E:\XPLite\nLite\Integrate\Xable\XUpdatePack-SP3-v1.0.17.7z
E:\XPLite\nLite\Integrate\Addons\red-xii_DirectXRuntimes-200903-Addon-32.7z
E:\XPLite\nLite\Integrate\Xable\xable_MicrosoftUpdateEngine-v1.5_addon.cab
E:\XPLite\nLite\Integrate\Xable\xable_WindowsUpdateEngine-v1.3_addon.cab
E:\XPLite\nLite\Integrate\Xable\xable_OUE-OGA-v1.8_addon.cab
E:\XPLite\nLite\Integrate\Xable\xable_WGAN-v1.6_addon.cab
E:\XPLite\nLite\Integrate\Xable\xable_WGAV-v1.5_addon.cab
E:\XPLite\nLite\Integrate\Addons\NR_UPHC_Addon.cab
E:\XPLite\nLite\Integrate\Addons\Ricks_7-Zip4.56b_AddOn.rar
E:\XPLite\nLite\Integrate\Xable\xable_Foxit-v3.1_addon.cab
E:\XPLite\nLite\Integrate\Hotfixes\WindowsMedia11-KB959772-x86-ENU.exe
E:\XPLite\nLite\Integrate\Hotfixes\WindowsXP-KB961118-x86-ENU.exe
E:\XPLite\nLite\Integrate\Hotfixes\WindowsXP-WindowsMedia-KB952069-v2-x86-ENU.exe
E:\XPLite\nLite\Integrate\Hotfixes\rootsupd.exe
E:\XPLite\nLite\Integrate\Hotfixes\Windows-en-US-KB943729.exe
E:\XPLite\nLite\Integrate\Hotfixes\Windows-KB909520-v1.000-x86-ENU.exe

Here's what goes in GUIrunonce batchfile post install

E:\XPLite\nLite\PostInstall\$OEM$\FIRSTRUN.BAT
E:\XPLite\nLite\PostInstall\$OEM$\DOTNETFX3IN1.EXE
E:\XPLite\nLite\PostInstall\$OEM$\ToolTipFixer2.0.0.exe
E:\XPLite\nLite\PostInstall\$OEM$\I386.reg
E:\XPLite\nLite\PostInstall\$OEM$\IE7WMP11.REG
E:\XPLite\nLite\PostInstall\$OEM$\NDP35SP1-KB963707-x86.exe
E:\XPLite\nLite\PostInstall\$OEM$\WindowsServer2003.WindowsXP-KB969897-x64-ENU.exe
E:\XPLite\nLite\PostInstall\$OEM$\WindowsXP-KB926139-v2-x86-ENU.exe

and the FirstRun.bat contains this

@echo off
cls
color 2a
set LOCAL=%SOURCE%$OEM$

echo.

%LOCAL%\DotNetFX3In1.exe

echo Installing Tooltip Fixer
echo.

echo.

xcopy "%SOURCE%i386\" "c:\i386\" /e /i /h /q /k /c

echo.

regedit /s %LOCAL%\I386.reg

echo Configuring IE7 and WMP11
echo.

regedit /s %LOCAL%\IE7WMP11.reg

echo Running windows hotfix updates
echo.

%LOCAL%\WindowsXP-KB926139-v2-x86-ENU.exe
%LOCAL%\NDP35SP1-KB963707-x86.exe
%LOCAL%\WindowsServer2003.WindowsXP-KB969897-x64-ENU.exe

... so lets see how this next build goes ...

--------------------------------------------------------------

OK so that didn't work out so well ...

Firstly, I forgot the *.* in this line xcopy "%SOURCE%i386\" "c:\i386\" /e /i /h /q /k /c which should've been xcopy "%SOURCE%i386\*.*" "c:\i386\" /e /i /h /q /k /c so nothing copied.

Secondly, updates WindowsXP-KB926139-v2-x86-ENU.exe and NDP35SP1-KB963707-x86.exe had GUI's to follow for their installation - I need them to be silent/unattended!

Thirdly, WindowsServer2003.WindowsXP-KB969897-x64-ENU.exe said the extracted update\setup.exe wasn't a valid win32 application? x_x And I'm guesing it wouldn't have installed silently either.

Any help with those updates? If I can get them to install silently I think all will be ok? I won't know til I check the event logs of course - that failed build still has the event log warnings (not errors) relating to IIS/ASP.net not being installed but I guess that's normal?

--------------------------------------------------------------

OK so I knew there was some switches for silently installing the hotfixes - I checked n kurt's 64bit post and sure enough he uses /passive /norestart and passive /forcerestart so I tried that.

Worked!! But I don't know if the update that was giving the win32 error worked or not since it was passive :/

However I still have those warnings in event log apps. I took screenies of them and put in a zipfile I've attached to this post for you to see.

It seems to me pics 1-3 are during windows install, but pics 4-10 after about 10m later as the .net stuff is installing.

Any help with any of them welcome - I'm at a loss how to change this CD now - either I go ahead and use it and ignore those eventlog errors, or I find a way to get rid of them without taking the customisations out of my build! D:

AppWarnings.zip

Edited by leozack

Did you take a look a those appwarnings? Since they're warnings not errors it should be safe to ignore them? Pics 1-3 are during windows install bu pics 4-10 are during the .net install I guess.

I just checked on this build and it current wants the following updates from MSU

cumulative update for ie7 kb969897
xp update kb959772
security udpate for xpsp3 kb952069

.net 3.5 sp1 & .net 3.5 family update kb951847
root certificates kb931125
base smart card cryptographic service provider package kb909520
gpo client side extentions kb943729

But the IE7 update KB969897 belongs to WindowsServer2003.WindowsXP-KB969897-x64-ENU.exe which I am trying to do in firstrun.bat - but as you read above - when it is run it says update/setup.exe is not a valid win32 application! :(

I dunno where to go next other than adding the following to my firstrun.bat - kb959772 kb952069 kb951847 kb931125 kb909520 kb943729 (I hoped these would be included in Xables update pack since I'm using the newest XUpdatePack-SP3-v1.0.18.7z http://xable.net/xp-sp3-update-pack-changelog.php)

I've just realised of course I shouldn't be adding updates to my postinstall batchfile, I should be integrating them. Only updates t things not integrated should be done post install - aka dotNET stuff. Lets try a build like that.

For the record, I can't find ANY REFERENCE to this update on MS DLC - .net 3.5 sp1 & .net 3.5 family update kb951847. I've attached a screenshot of it but the links don't exist and searching for it yields nothing too! O_o /confused

post-164691-1247926100_thumb.png

Edited by leozack

leozack, I assume you got some of your information from Kurt_Aust's thread. I hope I pointed out to you that it was for XP x64. I meant for you to use the process, but substitute the appropriate XP items as needed. Here is the link for the XP version of KB969897. MS uses the same KB number, just personalizes them for the platform, language, etc. Some of the MS hot fixes will not integrate with nLite. If you will do a search on the forum, you can find if your KBs are in this category. KB951847 gets lots of hits in a forum search. So, maybe you can figure that out there. Sometime MS replaces an update and removes the original. I am not familiar with the warnings you are getting. Have you seen these on other systems you have the SW installed on? Have you clicked on the link provided in the warnings to see what they offer? You might also try Google to see what is available. Hope this helps. Enjoy, John.

hehe I'm not stupid I didn't collect updates from the x64 version. And I just searched again and got the WindowsXP-KB969897-x86-ENU.exe file before I checked back here and found your post. I'm about to try a build where I integrate these in nlite :

Windows-en-US-KB943729.exe, Windows-KB909520-v1.000-x86-ENU.exe, WindowsMedia11-KB959772-x86-ENU.exe, WindowsXP-WindowsMedia-KB952069-v2-x86-ENU.exe, WindowsXP-KB969897-x86-ENU.exe, rootsupd.exe

And run these in firstrun.bat :

dotNetFx35setup.exe (now using the ms downloaded .net 3.5 installer extracted and with ie64 and x64 payload removed as described on this guys blog, though I've lost the link and can only find a post about silent installed I used here http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/200...6/9553804.aspx), WindowsXP-KB926139-v2-x86-ENU.exe, NDP35SP1-KB963707-x86.exe

So here's hoping this goes well?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK so ... I found that the MS update it kept requesting for .net (kb951847) was actuall dotNET 3.5 SP1 full install (2/3/3.5) COMBINED with 3 other updates (kb958481, kb958483, kb958484). I only found this when using my new found friend - windows update catalog! I selected the 69M KB951847 that was x86 for windows XP and got those 3 updates along with X86_IA64_AMD64-all-dotnetfx35_x86.exe.

So I modified my firstrun.bat instead of running the lightened dotNET 3.5 install I was doing before, to run X86_IA64_AMD64-all-dotnetfx35_x86.exe and then those 3 updates. SUCCESS! All dotNET appear ot be installed ok and no asking for that update!

So - only 2 problems left ... first was a new udpate (hopefully the last to need adding) which was kb961118. So I've added that to my firstrun.bat.

Second problem was I got setuperr.log messages moaning about mshtml.dll, msrating.dll, webcheck.dll, pngfilt.dll. These are related to integrating IE7 but I wasn't getting them until I integrated that WindowsXP-KB969897-x86-ENU.exe update. So I've added that to my firstrun.bat instead of integration during nlite.

I also spent a while trying to make my firstrun.bat work if you ran it later, when %SOURCE% didn't exist. The end result was the firstrun.bat and laterun.bat files I've attached. I'll just have to remember to keep both updated!

I've also attached the session ini for this build. Tomorrow I'll test this build and see what happens ...

LAST_SESSION.INI

FIRSTRUN.BAT.txt

LATERUN.BAT.txt

Edited by leozack

OK ... so! it looks like I have the final thing done. For now! :D

The last session is attached, as is my firstrun.bat and laterun.bat

But essentially I had the following integrated with nlite

E:\XPLite\nLite\Integrate\IE7\NR_IE7en_Addon_2.0.4a.7z
E:\XPLite\nLite\Integrate\Addons\red-xii_DirectXRuntimes-200903-Addon-32.7z
E:\XPLite\nLite\Integrate\Xable\xable_MicrosoftUpdateEngine-v1.5_addon.cab
E:\XPLite\nLite\Integrate\Xable\xable_WindowsUpdateEngine-v1.3_addon.cab
E:\XPLite\nLite\Integrate\Xable\xable_OUE-OGA-v1.8_addon.cab
E:\XPLite\nLite\Integrate\Xable\xable_WGAV-v1.5_addon.cab
E:\XPLite\nLite\Integrate\Xable\xable_WGAN-v1.6_addon.cab
E:\XPLite\nLite\Integrate\Addons\NR_UPHC_Addon.cab
E:\XPLite\nLite\Integrate\Xable\XUpdatePack-SP3-v1.0.18.7z
E:\XPLite\nLite\Integrate\Hotfixes\Windows-KB909520-v1.000-x86-ENU.exe
E:\XPLite\nLite\Integrate\Hotfixes\rootsupd-kb931125.exe
E:\XPLite\nLite\Integrate\Hotfixes\Windows-en-US-KB943729.exe
E:\XPLite\nLite\Integrate\Hotfixes\WindowsXP-WindowsMedia-KB952069-v2-x86-ENU.exe
E:\XPLite\nLite\Integrate\Hotfixes\WindowsMedia11-KB959772-x86-ENU.exe
E:\XPLite\nLite\Integrate\Addons\Ricks_7-Zip4.56b_AddOn.rar
E:\XPLite\nLite\Integrate\Xable\xable_Foxit-v3.1_addon.cab

and then the following run from a batchfile

%LOCAL%\X86_IA64_AMD64-all-dotnetfx35_x86.exe /Passive /NoRestart
%LOCAL%\X86_IA64_AMD64-all-ndp20sp2-kb958481-x86.exe /Passive /NoRestart
%LOCAL%\X86_IA64_AMD64-all-ndp30sp2-kb958483-x86.exe /Passive /NoRestart
%LOCAL%\X86_IA64_AMD64-all-ndp35sp1-kb958484-x86.exe /Passive /NoRestart
%LOCAL%\NDP35SP1-KB963707-x86.exe /Passive /NoRestart
%LOCAL%\X86-en-ie7-windowsxp-kb969897-x86-enu.exe /Passive /NoRestart
%LOCAL%\WindowsXP-KB961118-x86-ENU.exe /Passive /NoRestart
%LOCAL%\WindowsXP-KB926139-v2-x86-ENU.exe /Passive /NoRestart

My only slight annoyance is all those hotfixes in the abtchfile despite being passive aren't silent - they have gui's with what's going on and I'd rather the didn't, but I don't think I can get round that?

The only outstanding issues are the events in the application event log - but the ones suring install seem to be standard warnings id you're using XP SP3, and the ones during .NET are standard too - eg complaining that IIS isn't installed. So I think that's everything sorted :D

<3 to all

FIRSTRUN.BAT.txt

LATERUN.BAT.txt

LAST_SESSION.INI