Q:bootable usb flash disk with GUI multiboot menu

darksimoon

hello friends;

its me again with new questions. :)

as others i want make a bootable usb flash disk with as follows;

1) unattended xp setup with classical $oem$ folder structure : because i wanna update my ua files easily.

2) winpe for administrative tasks and if possible with 64 bit support

3) acronis utilities other dos based floppy utilities as in bdcw (booting ima, img,iso, wbt etc. and using iso images are important to me because i want to use bootable antivirus softwares like bartcd.)

4) lastly with a cute GUI for boot menu. (if not, simple dos menu is allright)

but i searched for the forums however i couldn't come accross to solution with all my needs. :(

it seems that it's not possible to use bcdw from flopy or usb flash disk. so i am disappointed.

as for grub4dos i couldn't find the necessary inputs for the menu.lts for above (unattended setup, acronis...) from usb flash disk.

i dont want to use multipartitioned solutions because it seems that its not easy to update files for the partitions are not visible to windows explorer without registry hack.

i wanted to try ezboot but again its not possible to use it from usb flash disk (except for a disk called "diskgo") meanwhile i can use mycd.iso which is generated by easyboot by grub4dos but loading the iso file takes much time and its not easy to update files inside the mycd.iso.

i expect your suggestions. it doesnt matter if its freeware or shareware. i'm so familiar with uacd and bcdw and a little ezboot.

Well, you cannot expect to find exactly what you want all nicely put together. :unsure:

For XP install, see here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showforum=157

(and yes, it uses grub4dos)

For all the rest, including Acronis software, dos boot disks and some .iso's proved to be booting from stick, see here:

http://www.boot-land.net/forums/index.php?showforum=66

For a "cute" boot menu, you might want to experiment with AeroStudio:

http://www.boot-land.net/forums/index.php?showforum=72

(and yes, underlying there is grub4dos)

jaclaz

jaclaz

i'm so glad to meet you. you are so famous through such forums. :) and thank you very much for your rapid answer. now i know where to start from and for the next, i believe i can put them together.

thank you very much again. see you.

you are so famous through such forums. :) now i know where to start from and for the next, i believe i can put them together.

thank you very much again. see you.

Am I? :blushing::unsure: ...hopefully NOT infamous :whistle:.

and thank you very much for your rapid answer.

You're very welcome. :)

jaclaz