.NET ... Nasty Rumor... Could it be true?

buck614

I can't believe what I just heard. Is it true that with .NET you have to activate your installation?

What I heard was that if you own .NET and for whatever reason, you have to re-format and re-install, you have to pick up one of those devices from the middle ages called a "TELEPHONE" and actually place a call to Microsoft to get an activation number? Are you kidding me?

I heard that it will not be possible to do it online, you have to use a "TELEPHONE", or morse code or smoke signals or something. Can you imagine being an administrator who, for whatever reason, is spending the weekend re-installing .NET on the server at 2am while waiting on hold ....and waiting...and waiting.... I would think you would be lucky just to be waiting let alone actually get a hold of some 16 year old phone operator.

Ridiculous. Please tell me I am receiving bad information!

Do they have 24/7 phone support.

Is the wait long?

Is it a hassle? [/quote:ed25977b00]

Well.. depends on how you look at it.. if you are one who has 2-3 computers at your house and want to install it on all of them.. you are out of luck unless you find a way to get past it..

On the other hand, if you have only one computer.. i guess its alright, but if you are an often formatter like me, u will get frustrated that you need to call in every time you reinstall//

For the questions you asked:

[b:ed25977b00]Do they have 24/7 phone support.[/b:ed25977b00] : Yup they do :)

Is the wait long? : Not really.. maybe a few minutes im guessing

Is it a hassle? : Like i mentioned before, if you are a often formatter/reinstaller, you will get frustrated, but other than that, i guess its not a big hassle..

I hope i helped,

BLACKWAR

I am not sure that you will be able to get through so easily after they roll out .NET. I mean every loser in the global marketplace will have to pick up the phone and call. I might just have to stick with WIN 2000 Server until I see if this is all going to work out.

Cool

I have 4 computers. 2 of them are exclusivly used for file sharing programs.

I have found that WinMX has the best selection of files but it is ALWAYS crashing.

Next would be:

Morpheus

Bearshare

Kaza is really Morpheus with a different interface. They are SOOOO similar that your computer will not even let you run both at the same time.