Update problem after IE7 integration (not slipstreamed)

Hi Guys,

I have problems installing the Hotfix "KB938127" and "KB956390".

I'm installing the IE7 in the "svcpack.inf" and all updates for it, too (also the hotfixes above).

The unattended installation is ok and runs without any error, but after the installation is finished, automatic update is trying to install the two hotfixes above but the hotfix installation stops with an error.

I hope anyone can help

I'm having the exact same problem. If i leave it out of svcpack.inf and install after installation. No problem.

I also notice a version difference of the iexplore.exe which is 7.00.5730.13 before the 2 hotfixes and 7.00.6000.xx afterwards.

So no fully patched IE7 after unattended :wacko:

I'm still looking into the problem. I also tried slipstreaming the IE6 version of the patches into xp setup , but with no luck.

p.s. Windows Update fails to install the 2 updates also. 1 even fails the download.

Edited by rdvtx

It's just an idea thinking that maybe needed something more running to install, but wondering why it wasn't installed correctly I read that KB956390 is an acumulative update that contains all its predecessors. See:

SP3 post-install updates.

So when you say you're "installing the IE7 in the "svcpack.inf" and all updates for it, too (also the hotfixes above)." maybe you're installing more software than you have to.

Edited by strel

I tried to install just the "KB956390" hotfix but it didn't work. Then I tried to install the hotfix after the first logon (in the "RunOnceEx.cmd") but it also didn't work.

So, did anyone have a solution for that problem?

Post the KBxxxxxx.log from the WINDOWS dir

The problem could be this reg key, I have had trouble upgrading to IE8 and this was the problem:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{34A715A0-6587-11D0-924A-0020AFC7AC4D}

Navigate to it, right click on it and choose Permissions...

Now give "Full Control" to "Everyone" and try to install the hotfixes again