Strip Vista Ultimate 64 for Gaming

I have Vista Ultimate 64 Retail and I have been trying to strip out stuff using vlite and add in hotfixes but with no success. MS Virtual PC Does work with 64bit I have been burning to dvd and testing and creating a lot of coasters. Has anyone done this before? Any suggestion? Thanks in advance.

What exactly is your problem? It doesn't install? You get blue screens?

Are you trying to install 64-bit from a physical DVD drive to Virtual PC? You know you can actually mount the ISO and install without burning to physical DVD-RW...

Anyways, you can't install a 64-bit OS on Virtual PC. Only 32-bit. You can install the program itself on a 64-bit OS, but not a 64-bit OS itself.

First, the unattended didn't work, i still had to fill in the info. Second, the computer keeps rebooting right before it reaches the login screen. I not sure if it was something that was removed or a driver that was added or whatever that's causing the rebooting.

First, the unattended didn't work, i still had to fill in the info. Second, the computer keeps rebooting right before it reaches the login screen. I not sure if it was something that was removed or a driver that was added or whatever that's causing the rebooting.

Are you saying you actually got 64-bit version to install in VPC? cause it's NOT possible. VPC does not support a 64-bit GUEST. It supports only 32-bit GUESTS.

You can remove what YOU don't need. There is no definitive list of unnecessary things as people's def of unnecessary is different.

vLite checks for dependencies so it will let you know if you are removing a component that is dependent on one that you need.

Are you saying you actually got 64-bit version to install in VPC? cause it's NOT possible. VPC does not support a 64-bit GUEST. It supports only 32-bit GUESTS.

You can remove what YOU don't need. There is no definitive list of unnecessary things as people's def of unnecessary is different.

vLite checks for dependencies so it will let you know if you are removing a component that is dependent on one that you need.

No. I did not get vista 64 to work with VPC.

I tried to add nvidia mobo drivers and windows updates but the computer keeps restarting.

• 4 months later...