So what is windows2000 like

T.N.G.O.G.

I was thinking about testing out it, but was curious to know how was it. So far i tested out XP home edition on my system specs and older games which doesn't work good on XP in general was worst, also games in general the performance was bad, because with my system specs was holding me back, now that i am back using win9x, all my games run perfectly, no issues.

But i was just curious about windows2000 and how does it compared again win9x?

I also think another reason why XP didn't perfom way because of all that crap that it loads up, Svhost, and some other junk, does win2000 have any of that? does it support FAT32 or something else???????????

Just curious, doesn't mean i am going to actually test it out.

2000 and XP support NTFS and FAT32

2000 might load some of the services that you dont want just like XP eg Remote Registry

you will probably find that DOS games wont work as well as on 9x because its NT

you can easily disable services & other programs running in the background in XP or 2000 so your running with just core services so u get max FPS in your games, with nlite & registry tweaks u can easily get XP performing like a champ! (atleast mine is)

600 MHz is fairly low compared to todays modern systems, but people have said they've gotten XP to function on a P2

agreed 2000 can be made to run faster using nlite and disabling services. i can run 2000 fine on a PIII 667 as a dedicated server for ut99 (though i would prefer to use NT4 but hamachi is needed so i dont)