What speed will i get on receive poor or fair wireless signal?

grafx1

The original ADSL speed is 1 M bit per sec. ?
Wireless will do easily 1Mbps down and up, so if you go with the standard 54Mbps (N isn´t that much faster) you will have enough overhead to get the 1Mbps on a weak signal. Just remember to place your router/modem at a high spot...

The original ADSL speed is 1 M bit per sec. ?
Wireless will do easily 1Mbps down and up, so if you go with the standard 54Mbps (N isn´t that much faster) you will have enough overhead to get the 1Mbps on a weak signal. Just remember to place your router/modem at a high spot...

Thanks puntoMX so much...

and thanks Kelsenellenelvian for the link...

1Megabit per second at top speed would give you in theory 128kbps downstream, Consider you are on a signal that has a measurement of strength on a scale of 1-5, if you were getting the worst signal (i.e 1) you would in theory recieve 128/5 = 26kbps.

I have not tested this theory but it makes sense to me that this is what you should expect :)

• 2 weeks later...
1Megabit per second at top speed would give you in theory 128kbps downstream, Consider you are on a signal that has a measurement of strength on a scale of 1-5, if you were getting the worst signal (i.e 1) you would in theory recieve 128/5 = 26kbps.

I have not tested this theory but it makes sense to me that this is what you should expect :)

Thanks... i'll consider this