problem - mraid35x.sys not found

Is mraid35x.sys in $WIN_NT$.~BT folder?

Please attach your WinSetupFromUSB log:

- detailed log file is created in the folder, where program is executed from. Use it for troubleshooting. Upon next execution if log file is found, it's compressed in MS cab format, moved to BACKUPS folder and renamed with current DATE/TIME stamp.

Is mraid35x.sys in $WIN_NT$.~BT folder?

Please attach your WinSetupFromUSB log:

- detailed log file is created in the folder, where program is executed from. Use it for troubleshooting. Upon next execution if log file is found, it's compressed in MS cab format, moved to BACKUPS folder and renamed with current DATE/TIME stamp.

the mraid35x.sys is not in the folder. I also can not find a place where I can download it. The point is that I used normal XP cd - how it can be missing?

detailed log: i could not find anything like that....pls. where can I find it? on the USB? or?

WinSetupFromUSB.log is in \WinSetupFromUSB folder, where you installed the program. By default it's C:\WinSetupFromUSB.

If the log file is too small in size check in C:\WinSetupFromUSB\backups and zip a few of the largest DATE-TIME-log.cab files if you run the program more than once.

Please also include in the zip file DOSNET.INF and TXTSETUP.SIF from your XP CD \I386\.

You may attach the zip file with your next post, or use public file server to upload it to, like www.datafilehost.com or www.mediafire.com.

WinSetupFromUSB.log is in \WinSetupFromUSB folder, where you installed the program. By default it's C:\WinSetupFromUSB.

If the log file is too small in size check in C:\WinSetupFromUSB\backups and zip a few of the largest DATE-TIME-log.cab files if you run the program more than once.

Please also include in the zip file DOSNET.INF and TXTSETUP.SIF from your XP CD \I386\.

You may attach the zip file with your next post, or use public file server to upload it to, like www.datafilehost.com or www.mediafire.com.

thanks...here are the files....

WinSetupFromUSB.zip

xpCDfiles.zip

Thanks. For some reason program failed to parse dosnet.inf properly

d1,asc3550.sys
d1,mraid35x.sys
d1,ini910u.sys

First and third are fine, but d1,mraid35x.sys was parsed wrongly:

2008/10/23 21:32:06- D:\xp\I386\asc3550.sy_ ---> C:\WinSetupFromUSB\TEMP\$WIN_NT$.~BT\

2008/10/23 21:32:06- ERROR!!!----D:\xpd1\mrai\I3865x.sys could not be copied to C:\WinSetupFromUSB\TEMP\$WIN_NT$.~BT\

2008/10/23 21:32:06- D:\xp\I386\ini910u.sy_ ---> C:\WinSetupFromUSB\TEMP\$WIN_NT$.~BT\

To get you going just manually copy mraid35x.sy_ from D:\xp\I386\ to $WIN_NT$.~BT\ on your USB disk.

Is your windows, where you run the program on English version or with localized settings?

Found the problem:

[Directories]

d3=\

d1 = \I386

d2 = \cmpnents\starter\I386

The bolded was not seen in other dosnet.inf files I've came across.

Program updated and new version uploaded:

vers. 0.1.1 - 23.Oct.2008

Download: 0.1.1 mirror

http://www.msfn.org/board/install-USB-WinSetupF-t120444.html

Thanks for reporting :)

BTW can you give some more details about your source, is it with SP3 slipstreamed? Has the original source been modified by other program and which?

thanks to everybody for help.

at first answers: - xp sp2, normal original CD, english version

after using the last version 0.1.1 the problem I meantioned is gone - thanks

Problem I'm facing now is VERY slow copying of files in the '1st text mode'. I'm in 12% and it took more than 1 hour (USB key and PC's USB 2.0 - PC is asus eee). I guess that it is not normal. But I will just keep it going....hope that after copying will be finished it will be better.

Good to know, thanks.

About the slow copying- did you format USB stick using FAT32? Try NTFS, it's WAY faster, FAT16 also may give way better results, don't use it on larger than 2GB partition though.

Edited by ilko_t

Good to know, thanks.

About the slow copying- did you format USB stick using FAT32? Try NTFS, it's WAY faster, FAT16 also may give way better results, don't use it on larger than 2GB partition though.

yes - I used fat32. but I will just keep it going (don't want to destroy something :blink: ) thanks!!!