XP Freezes at Splash Screen with nLite install

bombo

Hey Everyone,

new here! Have used nLite in the past and love it.

Problem is I am trying to downgrade an ACER AM1640 Desktop from Vista to XP. I downloaded the Sata Drivers and incorporated it with nLite and XP installation.

I can now format the drives through the XP setup and install XP. Once the install is complete, the pc reboots as normal but just freezes at XP Splash Screen.

Does anyone know what is causing this?

Again it is a brand new PC and was running Vista fine.

Thanks so much

Edited by bombo

bombo,

Hard to say what your problem might be, with so little information. Please attach (not paste) your LastSession.ini. Did you run nLite under your Vista OS? Did you use XP SP2 Compatibility mode? If not, you might try rebuilding your disk under XP. It should work in Safe Mode. You could also rebuild under XP leaving out some or all the drivers and see if it works, to narrow the problem down some.

Good luck, John.

• 1 year later...

bombo,

Hard to say what your problem might be, with so little information. Please attach (not paste) your LastSession.ini. Did you run nLite under your Vista OS? Did you use XP SP2 Compatibility mode? If not, you might try rebuilding your disk under XP. It should work in Safe Mode. You could also rebuild under XP leaving out some or all the drivers and see if it works, to narrow the problem down some.

Good luck, John.

Hi Bonbo,

I know it is a very old post, but I am curious if you have subsequently solved your problem. My AM1640 has fiven some problem lately, so I had to reformat and install. I ran into the same problem that you mentioned. So, if you have come up with any solution to the problem, it will be of great help.

Thanks

Feel how inconvenient this is... trapped in a loop ? :whistle:

gonxyz,

Good luck, Ponch.

I know it is a very old post, but I am curious if you have subsequently solved your problem. My AM1640 has fiven some problem lately, so I had to reformat and install. I ran into the same problem that you mentioned. So, if you have come up with any solution to the problem, it will be of great help.

Does the problem go away after you reboot? If so, this is caused by slipstreaming WindowsXP-WindowsMedia-KB..... updates. It hangs at the OOBE splash screen because it tries to play a sound and WMP is messed up. See this thread and rebuild your ISO with the WindowsMedia add-ons I created here.