ASPI 4.70 Released

Aaron

Please note that this post has been posted to both the [b:23eeb661aa]Windows XP and .NET[/b:23eeb661aa] and [b:23eeb661aa]Windows 9x/2k/ME/NT[/b:23eeb661aa] forums.

ASPI 4.70 has been kindly released for free from Adaptec and you can get it from their page:

http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/d...oduct/ASPI-4.70

Installation instructions:

For Windows 98, NT 4.0, Me and 2000, use the enclosed ASPIINST.EXE file to install the ASPI layer. Includes ASPICHK version checking utility.

For Windows XP, select Start - Run from the menu, and then the Browse button. Locate the INSTALL.BAT file in the directory the files extracted to and select the OPEN button. In the command box, add a space and either XP32 for Pentium I/II/III/IV processors or XP64 for Itanium processors. The command should look like: c:adaptecaspiinstall.bat XP32 or c:adaptecaspiinstall.bat XP64. Then select the OK button to run the XP installer.

ASPI

ASPI (Advanced SCSI Programming Interface) specifies how an application program can communicate with a SCSI (Small Computer System Interface) device through a common SCSI device driver. ASPI provides a set of functions that are common to any SCSI device.

Developed by Adaptec, ASPI has become the industry standard for controlling SCSI devices. The ASPI device driver is the program that actually interacts with the SCSI device. The layering looks something like this: application/utility, ASPI, ASPI driver, SCSI card.

• 7 years later...