(RESOLVED) Integrating Royale microsoft theme (RESOLVED)

dssamusaran

Hello,

I'm doing my personalized cd, and I got a persistent problem with the theme...

I applied the uxtheme.dll patche, and integrated some themes to my cd.

Two of them are unsigned themes, and work perfectly. The third one is the microsoft's Royale theme, and it really don't work :s

When I integrate it with nLite all seems ok, but when I install the nlited winXP, I got my two unsigned themes but the Royale theme simply not appear in the list! I made a try by setting it as default theme, and it didn't worked either, I got the classical windows theme this time. If I apply manually the theme after the installation, it works, but I really would like to integrate my theme.

I'm continuing to test with VirtualBox, I redownloaded the theme to be sure.

I hope someone have an idea !

Edited by dssamusaran

dssamusaran,

I managed to figure out how to DL the theme and have tried it on my VM.

DesktopTheme = Par défaut||

Looks like this must mean default - right? Have you tried selecting Royale - does it show in nLite list?

I am not real knowledgeable, but at first blush, this is not a theme but an appearance style. I am looking at a way around this. I'll look some more and see what I can determine. It does not show up in my list either. I just pasted the folder into the Windows\Resources\theme folder. When I click the luna.msstyles, I get the Appearance tab of the DT properties but going directly to the Properties, it does not show. The Readme.txt says to open the luna.msstyles and select the Royale style. Look in your Windows\Resources\theme and see what is there for Royale.

Nice looking appearance especially the noir one.

Enjoy, John.

The Royal Theme that u download from =>clubic<= does not have an accompanying text-base Something.theme

I shall call it Royale.theme for simplicity. Hence it doesn't appear as one of the choice for selection when u right-click desktop-> properties-> (Themes Tab)

Perhaps, you can create a Royale.theme by manually applying the theme first, then On Display Properties, (Themes Tab) , click Save as... (and give a suitable name such as Royale.theme)

When prompt for save location, save it in C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes

Hence u now have Royale.theme & it is selectable from the theme list. You should include Royale.theme to your download pack

Hope this help

Hello all,

I managed to do that correctly. I reorganised manually my themes in the WINDOWS\ressources\themes directory.

I created .theme for each skin I use as suggested by Geej.

I used the 5eraph package too, a big thanks to him ;)

Thanks a lot for your help :thumbup