eventtriggers

Archdeacon

I have XP Pro SP3 and run a lot of eventtriggers, but since installing SP3 I cant delete them! The standard command "eventtriggers /delete /tid <xx>", where <xx> is the trigger id, now gives "ERROR: Bad variable type". How can I now delete these please? I have CIM Studio installed but cannot find them there.

Nothing has been renamed.

7 April 2009: Can somebody possibly pass this up the wire to Microsoft, as I have an application failing because it cannot now issue this command without returning an error?

Edited by Archdeacon

• 10 months later...

Hi,

I've just encountered this problem myself and searched Google up down and sideways, without success, and the only work-around I could find in the short-term is to delete with wildcard: *

eventtriggers /delete /tid *

It's certainly not a good fix in your situation, with many event triggers, but if you delete them all and then re-enter the ones you want... it's a short-term fix.

I suppose you could write them and keep them in a text file for later re-entering; copy and paste, or some other means... maybe a batch file:

eventtriggers /create /tr [New Trigger #1] /l application /t error /tk [command to execute]

eventtriggers /create /tr [New Trigger #2] /l application /t error /tk [command to execute]

My apologies if you have already considered this or tried it.

Regards,

Matt