Windows98SE Question

T.N.G.O.G.

* Please delete the other thread please , i should of ask this here , thanks *

I am buying a new computer soon, a secondary one. Anyways, when i do this soon, i was thinking about going back to using windows98se( i recently switch to XP home edition ) , on this computer. I wanted to know could i use the following cards with windows98se with PCI slots:

X1300 or X1550 or 2400HD(ATI)

8400gs, 8500gt, 8600GT( Nvidia )

BTW I found this

# Radeon® X1900 series

# Radeon® X1800 series

# Radeon® X1600 series

# Radeon® X1300 series

# Radeon® X850 series

# Radeon® X800 series

# Radeon® X700 series

# Radeon® X600 series

# Radeon® X550 series

# Radeon® X300 series

# Radeon® 9X00 series

# Radeon® 8500 series

# Radeon® 7X00 series

Release notes cards supported driver 6.2 which does work for win9x

So that mean i can use a X1300 or X1500 with win9x/PCI?

Also is there a chance that someone can mod the drivers to work in win9x or is that impossible?

:hello:

Edited by T.N.G.O.G.

It is always a gamble as 98(SE) isn´t supported any more by the hardware makers. Did you check out this topic? Besides that, it will be hard to find any of the older cards for a good price, most of them have even a higher price than the newer, more powerful cards although I already know you will not use the power of those video cards.

The X1550 ATI card is right here:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814161227

This is what i am going to buy when i do switch back to windows98se, the 6.2 drivers support them.

I was curious about the 8 Series PCI cards tho. I think the last Nvidia driver 82.69, don't know if that driver supports the 8400gs or 8500 or 8600gt cards tho.

Another problem that you should also look at is 98SE probably will not have chip-set drivers for the new motherboards or CPU's.

PuntoMX: You beat me to it, I just read your link "Did you check out this topic?" in your post.

Edited by RJM

Well i am just trying to find a good decent card to work well with older games and games( 2003-2006 era ) when i switch back to using windows98se, when i buy my new secondary computer.

I already have the 3dfuzion FX5500 card which works perfect with windows98se and my games. I think i can use the X1550 series because the 6.2 drivers are supported by it.

I want to know how the Geforce 8 cards may work with the 82.69 drivers tho. Thats what i want to know, if they do not work, i would just use the FX5500 and the X1550 cards. I guess i will worry about it, after i buy my new computer soon.