Reboot in CMDLINES.TXT

Ascii2

If I include a command to reboot computer during the execution of CMDLINES.TXT, would CMDLINES.TXT run again from its beginning?

Should a reboot occur at all?

Would setup not function correctly if a reboot is invoked in CMDLINES.TXT?

if u really wanted to force a reboot i would do it after the 1st logon.. but i dont see the point
I was wanting to apply updates to system applications and components that require a reboot after the application installations prior to first logon.

Normally with attended installations of components or applications of DirectX 9.0c, Internet Explorer 6 SP1, and Microsoft Java Virtual Machine complete, a reboot is required by the setup.

Edited by Ascii2

• 4 weeks later...
Why force a reboot ?

The installation doing the last "Registration Component, then save and so reboot anyway

The only reason I can think of is to be able to run commands or installations early in Windows GUI setup for which prior components must already exist for the installations or commands to be sucessfull (like installing something dependent on network components); the components may already exist from a previous loop. Conditional statements would have to be used to not remain indefinately looping.