Question on making a stand alone WPI

I've spent a day last week downloading allot of different types of programs. In my download folder it's broken down into category/sub catagory and there's some that cat/sub/sub. The total size of this folder is around 3.5GB (woot almost fill a blank DVD. lol), but my question is this.

As I look at the suggested folder layout, can I use my layout in my download folder in the WPI folder, if so where about in the main WPI folder. I know for the stand alone it won't contain any of the folders that is on the xp install cd.

Then it comes to the config in the WPI Wizard, the category drop down list, by doing other and then typing in the cat/sub or cat/sub/sub I was wondering if it will take it. While I'm on this subject, can i put the name for AA, description, unique ID, category, then add BB the same way then CC, so forth. Once I get them in could i go back to finish filling out the rest of the info starting with AA. or should I just complet efverything at the same time say like AA, then move on to the next program?

OK UMmmmm lemme seee here (Not quite awake right now) :P

Place the WPI folder at the root of your DVD and then place ALL of your organized folders in the install folder at :\wpi\install\

Go into config and start program A's config, once you fill that out you can choose "add" to start a new programs config or "clone" to clone the config you JUST did and it will simply ad a -2 to the name (Usefull for similiar programs that way you don't have to fill everything in you just modify the entry)

I would however click on "save" every handfull of entries just because you never know what might happen. Power outage BSOD, anything like that. It really sucks to spend and hour configging WPI and then blamo you loose it all :o.

It will take subcats as deep as you really want to go too. I think there is a max of character but it is a windows limit and its like 512 characters long so no worry there (I hope)

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian