Folders & Files to delete after nLited XP installation is done.

Azelza

• 2 weeks later...

While I appreciate the information on this thread, I would like to ask a question.

Of those folders that are empty in the standard windows folder, will it hurt to have any of those deleted? Does any program (that you know of) *specifically* require those empty folders to be present?

The reason I am asking this, I am going to add a batch file to my installation routine that removes those empty directories that are absolutely unneeded. As long as it does not hurt to have those directories removed, then what is the use of having them. (Just an opinion.)

Side Note: In addition, for those who may be interested, I already have a batch file (more specifically just a command) that remove empty subdirectories from a location. The directory in the example is %temp%. This is mainly because I have it remove empty subdirectories from my temp folder. It will not remove directories that are not empty.

for /f "usebackq delims=" %%d in (`"dir /ad/b/s %temp% | sort /R"`) do rd "%%d"

Download the next 3 files and put them in an empty folder. Click on the first one and it will glue them back together.

This is a more elaborate program, but sometimes it finds folders that it can't delete. That's why I use it after the first one.

I didn't realize that the upload limit was just 200k, so if you want the other two files, you'll have to email me at arnoldh@cumbytel.com.

Create_Remove_Empty_Folders_red_v2.1_setup.exe

Edited by HowdyDoody