XP integrate problem

kevluck

Hello,

Maybe someone else is having a problem like this or perhaps offer me some suggestions. I have an updated XP installed w/ SP2, IE7, and WMP 11 that works fine; got an ISO file saved.

I extract the ISO file to a folder and trying to use nlite to integrate SP3. Using nlite I can integrate SP3 fine and burn to a CD. The CD boots and installs XP w/ SP3 but no longer has IE7 or WMP 11, why I don’t know.

I figured since I’m using the ISO that already has IE7 & WMP 11 in it that I just could continue on from those updates, not working.

I’ve tried a whole lot of different orders in updating w/ nlite but still no luck. If I just integrate the SP3 patch the install goes fine, but as mentioned no IE7 or WMP 11. When integrate SP3 & IE7 and the do the install the PC constantly reboots for finishing setup; never make it to the part where you enter your product key.

I’ve tried integrating the 2 updates in different orders. First doing IE7 then SP3 vice versa but still get the reboot deal.

When I just integrate SP3 w/o IE7 the install goes fine, so for some reason IE7 is the bad guy.

I’ve downloaded a new IE7 file from Microsoft just to see if the one I was using was corrupt, no luck.

To make this work do you have to start all the way from the beginning? What I mean is get the XP files from a CD that has no service pack at all, and start w/ SP2, SP3, and IE7, so on.

I’m not trying to integrate drivers so that wouldn’t be a cause of this problem, and I’ve also tried this on 2 different PCs, which would mean to me the problem couldn’t be on the PC.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

kevluck,

In general, you cannot nLite a source that has already been nLited. The results, as can be seen by reading these forums, are usually bizarre errors and problems. I suspect you were just lucky to get a working CD out of the bargain (although missing some items). So, yes your should start with a fresh copy of the original CD.

Enjoy, John.