Help on buying a barebone kit

ac919h

Well, First of all, you need to supply was with a budget and what you're going to be doing with the compute, IE, Gaming, Video/Graphic editing or just email, web surfing.

It might just be better off to build a whole system from scratch. But TigerDirect and Newegg sells some pretty decent barebone kits.

ok as of right now there is no budget

as for what i am looking for is something for gaming like bf2 and also video and photo editing.

I have looked at tigerdirect but not really sure what I should get as for this.

what i am looking for is something that will do anything i want and fast and smooth running.

Alright, You might be better of to build a system from scratch.

Maybe get a Intel Quad Core, 4gigs of DDR2, Rapter hard drive, and 8800GT video card

Just something to look for.

I mean if you really want a barebone, you could get something like this: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...00&CatId=31

and just buy the Video card and dvd/cd burner for it.

Yep, Its really easy.

First get a Case, its a must

- Motherboard

- CPU

- Ram

- Harddrive(s)

- PSU

- Video Card

- Cables and stuff, You, Keyboard, mouse, if you don't have any.

- Fans, if the case doesn't have anyway

- Maybe a Sound card?

- CD/DVD Burner

- Maybe a Media Card reader.

- A really nice CPU cooler, to keep you're processor cool.

Stuff like that, there is some great websites to teach/show you how to build a computer from scratch.

This is a decent site http://computer.howstuffworks.com/build-a-computer.htm

For more go here > http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=h...build+a+compute

Quad-core isn't really necessary for most applications. A higher-speed dual core will often give better value for money.

If I had to spend a reasonable amount of money on a system right now, I'd do something like the following:

Intel E8400

ASUS P5Q Deluxe

2x2GB OCZ Platinum DDR2-800

Western Digital 640GB 7200RPM hard drive (WD6400AAKS)

Pioneer DVR-216D

ATI 4850 512MB

Corsair HX520

Antec P182

That's a pretty complete system that should handle most of what you throw at it. If you need a monitor, Samsung's make very high quality screens. Logitech is my default choice when looking at keyboards, although there are a number of Microsoft options that are nice as well.

You should be able to find most of those parts at NewEgg.com for a good price. I'm guessing that the above build will tip the scales at about $1000.

Don't plan on spending that $2500, unless you want to toss your money away. Unless you have a specific need for anything more, the system I described above will serve your purposes without any troubles.

I also have stayed away from ATI cards until recently. All of my systems are currently running nVidia cards of various eras, but I'm planning on slowly migrating back to ATI on my future upgrades and computer builds. Here's a very short list of why:

• Vista Driver stability
  • Lower idle power consumption (often lower load power consumption as well
  • Generally speaking - a better price to performance ratio. A 4850 can be found for the same price as the 9800GTX, but in most situations the 4850 is a better deal

ATI had their rough patch a while ago, but to be honest, since they've were bought out by AMD, their product quality has improved. :)

cool I will check into that then

I geuss the only reason I like the nVidia cards what the driver updates one driver worked for all LOL

Ok i'll do some looking and post here what I found and see if this sounds good to you my biggest thing that i have had problems with was running like bf2 which was so laggy

Ok i'll do some looking and post here what I found and see if this sounds good to you my biggest thing that i have had problems with was running like bf2 which was so laggy

Just because a game doesn't work well on a brand of card doesn't matter much. There's a whole range of performance on both sides of the coin. A nVidia 7200GS isn't going to handle BF2 very well at all, but an 8800GT will. On the flip side, an ancient X300 will perform poorly, but the 4850 or 4870** will.

** 4870 isn't worth the money in my opinion... you're paying over 50% more for less than 50% better performance. You do the math. ;)

I'm not sure, I still don't like ATI for some reason.

That's just personal preferences seemingly. I've had nothing but troubles with nvidia cards myself (I'm using one right now, and it's the last one I ever buy).

I completely agree with Zxian's and puntoMX's points :)