nLite XP unusual problem:)

LoBa

I have made windows xp with sp3 integrated and media player 11 and ie7 also with cd key and everything works great except one thing,when windows starts I have to wait about 1 minute before I can connect to internet or open my computer(when I open my computer there are no icons it just says something "searching..." and then after a minute the icons appear and everything is back to normal),and also when I open Task Manager all the process are listed but the column "User name" is empty and after a minute it fills up as its suppose to be.

Just one quick question: do the symptoms disappear when you disable your antivirus?

it s the same with or without antivirus:)

not really sure but have u tried not having nlite set ur network options automatically

seems like u have nlite setup ur network on install and might be configuring it wrong for your network

i haven t tried that,but a was thinking if there is some faster solution without reinstalling windows:)

it s the same with or without antivirus:)

Well, it could be network related, after all. Try this: make sure that DHCP Client and DCOM Server Process Launcher both set to Automatic

Go to Run > cmd and type ipconfig /release then ipconfig /renew each time hitting Enter. This should correct dhcp client settings.

You may also wish to set your ip manually, rather than waiting for dhcp server to assign it ever time you boot. If you want to do it, you can use NetSetMan (http://www.netsetman.com/index.php?s=nsm), which holds up to 6 network configuration profiles in its freeware edition. Go to Start > Control Panel > Network Connections > Local Area Connection click Support tab > Detail to get the ip adress, subnet mask, gateway and dns servers assigned to your PC. Then just copy them to NetSetMan and activate the settings.

Or you can do it straight from the commandline in WinXP:

netsh interface ip set address "Local Area Connection" static ipaddr subnetmask gateway metric

so it would be for example

netsh interface ip set address "Local Area Connection" static 192.168.0.10 255.255.255.0 192.168.0.1 1

Another way of setting your ip manually is here: _http://www.home-network-help.com/set-ip.html.

Edited by platipus