wireless Lan Control

Larbac

Hi all,

I have a wireless network, no server, all PCs connect wireless to the router.

I can not get information from the router on what each pc is using of bandwith. I also can not do this with alot of sw we find on the web because it only works when connected through a server.

What I needed to know is how can I check the other laptops statistics from my laptop.

Apart from this I would also be interested to know if there is any report or log where I can see which websites were visited and when.

Again I remeber that I have problems finding how to do this because I have all pcs connected individually to the router and not through a server.

Do you think is possible to do this?

Regards,

Rui

Bandwidth statistics will only be available from the router itself, presuming it has that feature. As far as what websites are visited, you are looking at Windows level audit/logging option. You are going to need to read up on your router, and/or log into its internal page to see what logging it does. Typical Linksys wireless routers, for example, usually only show DHCP information, but I don't have one of those to tell you for sure.

Thanks for reply. I have netgear and it has logs but I have some trouble sending thm to me because i use gmail which requires ssl specific port to comunicate and the router does not have field to choose those opts

rgds