Windows 95 'refurbished'!

Hardisk

Hi

I've discovered, casually, this interesting Forum.

Just in there very days, I've installed my old Windows95 an a ECS mobo K6vxa (CPU pentium III 1Ghz 750Mb Ram)

Everything is working (also USB ports!!!) I've made several upgrades (like Winsockets 2 etc:) but there is a little problem: when I try to play a DVD, nothing happens, unless I right-click on a VOB file for opening it . Only in this way I can reach DVD Menu and choose.when I want to play.. I've installed PowerDVD 4 (the only working with my S.O.)

Can you kindly help me in fixing this strange trouble

Regards

Donald

P.S.

I'd no problem with usb external HDD or pendrives!

:rolleyes:

Edited by Hardisk

When you said you cannot play DVDs properly, do you mean that when you insert the DVD in your DVD drive, nothing happens? Win 9x normally does not play DVD movies automatically. Also, when you said that your USB ports are working, did you install the USB suppliment or did it's USB functionality come "out of the box"?

PS: Welcome to the MSFN forum!

Edited by sp193

• 1 month later...
When you said you cannot play DVDs properly, do you mean that when you insert the DVD in your DVD drive, nothing happens? Win 9x normally does not play DVD movies automatically.

unless you configure PowerDVD XP (4.0) to play DVD discs automatically, nothing will happen right away. Installing PowerDVD 4.0 will also install DirectX6 Media which is necessary for DVD support. If DX6Media is not installed, go back and install it. Also install DirectX 8.0a.