I think my xp disk is bad, Need help

IsThisNameTakenAlready

When nLite gets about 90% done on copying the files from my xp pro disk it freaks out and starts spouting errors about bad data on the disk. I can only assume this is due to a corrupt disk, as I have tried to install the OS directly and get installation errors midway through.

Is there any way of getting a new disk (yes, I do have a CD key) or just the files short of getting it off of the Pirate Bay. Also, if I do find a disk, does it matter what SP it is? I have heard of people having issues using a SP 2 era key (which I have) with an SP 3 disk.

Thank you for your help

EDIT: managed to get nLite to "complete" copying the files by continiously clicking ok on errors, 14 files did not copy. no ideas on the file names

Edited by IsThisNameTakenAlready

The disk is Xp pro sp 2 and is not OEM or retail but a form of a bulk or multi licence. The disk says "Systems Student Media" and was purchased from my college book store in a plasitic sleave with a cd-key sticker. The key IS valid as there they have a big box of disks with seperate keys. The main difference is that the disk and key were much cheaper (as it was the student edition) than a standard retail version. No one has used the disk before and it is 2 years old (I didn't buy it for myself but thats a long story).

The optical disk had better not be faulty. I use it regularly and would be really mad as my notebook (the one with the drive) just came back from repairs due to a faulty motherboard. They did a full inspection as this is the second mobo it has gone through.

EDIT: CDCHECK recover option did NOT manage to copy the bad files either, however now I do have a list of the corupt files

Edited by IsThisNameTakenAlready