security problem please help

big_AL_99

i just had a big big shock i got spammed by the following site :-

http://www.traffichome.com/main.php?id=3663 and to my surprise there in front of me is the contents of my c:drive im running xp corp edition with norton anti virus and norton firewall 2002 im hooked to the net on broadband. i thought my system was reasonably secure obviously its not.anyone got any suggestions as how to close this hole in security its a bit worrying i think thanks in advance

alan

[b:db0f7f5498]big_AL_99[/b:db0f7f5498]

As Aaron mentioned don't worry about that, I think MS put it on purpose and I lack to understand thier reasoning

[i:db0f7f5498]If I'm not mistaken this is how to do it.[/i:db0f7f5498]

01. open up notepad:

02. copy paste the following:

<html>

<head>

<title>The fake viewing contents of your drive trick</title>

<p><iframe name="I1" src="file:///C|/" width="400" height="212">

Your browser does not support inline frames or is currently configured not to display inline frames.</iframe></p>

</head>

<hmtl>

03. save file as "test.html"

04. Double click on file

thanks AaronXP i nearly had a heart attack lol its a very good trick must admit it all being in german adds to the fear hehehehehehe :yeahyeah [/quote:8954f22634]

Yah I remember when [b:8954f22634]sedative[/b:8954f22634] a mod here on the board did this, it totally freaked me out to. I hate pranks like that...

-XPerties:D

yup yup.. big_AL_99

a few codes of line can do a lotta things...

heck back when I was still a teenager I made a site with some fake scripts..

01. Write Formating harddrive in status bar (count 0-100%, then display your comp is formatted)

02. inform user they have been nuked with babis' virus and need to contact me or else. A window pops asks click ok to contact me or something like that.. but it actually just closes IE

....well those were some good days..

then ofcourse the usual pranks with software...(upside down windows, remove all icons/etc.. and leave a screenshot with the stuff, re-point a software, startup and eject cd-rom....etc.. )

Gotta show my age here - but back in the day ( DOS ) you could find all kinds of autoexec.bat pranks - naked pictures - unauthorized access - a big blank screen that looks like a dead puter etc. We used to pull the same tricks over and over on this guy and he never seemed to figure it out. What fun!

LS