Get updates for more products?

Skraelos

Is it possible to make this link work or somehow bypass it? I've removed IE and even when I use the IE-engine plugin for Opera and go to http://www.update.microsoft.com/microsoftu...v6/default.aspx it let's me press "install", choose whether to change updates setting etc, but the it just gives me the following error:

Microsoft Update could not be installed on your computer

Make sure that you log on as an administrator or as a member of the Administrators group, and then try again.

More troubleshooting options

If your computer is connected to a network and the problem persists, contact your system administrator to see if your Microsoft Update settings are managed using group policy.

If your computer is not connected to a network, or if your system administrator has not disabled Microsoft Update, check if the Windows Update service is disabled or stopped. To see how to start a service, search Help and Support on your computer.

Note: If you experience problems with installing Microsoft Update, you can continue to get updates for your computer by going to Windows Update in Control Panel.

[Error number: 0x80004005]

So, how can I make windows update install updates for other MS products now? Do I have to leave IE?