Undo slipstreaming?

meustrus

What I did was I started with XP pro. I made some tweaks in nLite and made the mistake of slipstreaming an early release candidate of SP3. The early release breaks explorer after a while and makes the systems completely unusable. I need to get rid of that service pack; is there any way to undo the damage I have done?

Adding the most recent release of SP3 does not work, unfortunately. Directly installing it onto the system broke some part of the verification in winlogin. Making a slip-streamed disk with the most recent SP3 broke my perfectly legitimate serial number...and I'm being serious, it IS legitimate, it upsets me that it no longer accepts it. This is at installation, not at activation...

Don't try to nLite XP using a Vista machine. It WILL break the XP installation at the part where the PID would normally be entered. That is a know problem, but I suspect that nuhi might have it repaired in the latest releases of nLite, but I don't know for sure.

Don't try to nLite XP using a Vista machine. It WILL break the XP installation at the part where the PID would normally be entered. That is a know problem, but I suspect that nuhi might have it repaired in the latest releases of nLite, but I don't know for sure.

Is that so? Then there may yet be hope...I slipstreamed the latest SP3 on my main computer which is currently running Vista. I'll have to dig up a computer that still has XP on it to do this then? The numbers are dwindling since I had to install Vista on this machine to get it working. And it sucks, mainly because as an older system, it has sound and video card driver issues, and Aero does NOT work under any circumstances.

Thanks, by the way.