Danamics LM10

DigeratiPrime

danamics-lm10-small.jpg

The liquid metal is a key component in Danamics cooling systems. Liquid metal has two major advantages when cooling high power density heat sources:

Firstly it has superior thermo physical properties that decrease temperature - and temperature non–uniformity - on die and across chips.

Secondly the electrical properties of the liquid metal enables efficient, reliable and ultra compact electromagnetic pumping without the use of moving parts, shafts, seals, etc.

http://www.danamics.com/danamics-lm10.aspx

Sounds interesting, I wonder what element/compound/mixture they are using and how much it will cost :)

Sounds interesting, I wonder what element/compound/mixture they are using and how much it will cost :)

That, and if it will actually perform significantly better than the current heatpipe based coolers.

As for the compound used, are we really sure it's not being manufactured by Cyberdyne Systems? I heard their T-1000 model is a real killer, and cool too. I'd be a little worried though. You might want to keep some liquid nitrogen around just in case ;)

Edited by crahak

As for the compound used, are we really sure it's not being manufactured by Cyberdyne Systems? I heard their T-1000 model is a real killer, and cool too. I'd be a little worried though. You might want to keep some liquid nitrogen around just in case ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Honestly though, I doubt that it will be significantly better than anything we've already got today. The heatpipes are placed VERY close together (you want to spread them out over the fins) and the fins are fairly tightly packed, which isn't always a good thing.

At the moment, the ThermalRight HR-01 and Ultra 120 Extreme are the two tower heatsinks to beat today.

At the moment, the ThermalRight HR-01 and Ultra 120 Extreme are the two tower heatsinks to beat today.

You forgot to mention the Noctua NH-U12P, another top dog next to the ThermalRight Ultra-120 Extreme.