New problem with Microsoft apps

Hi Kel !

what the ... :whistle:

How the hell did you get those things to install ?!? Can you maybe send me you Office 2007 settings file you used ? Maybe it is some optional component (I am installing all components). I can also send you my settings file if you are willing to do another test run.

Two other questions:

Is this Vista with SP1 integrated or the RTM Vista ? (I am using vista SP1) ?

Did you have any Vista Updates installed before installing Office 2007 ? Or anything else like Net Framework Updates etc. ?

Bye

Alex

PS: Thanks for your time !

Hi Kel,

i have no idea why this thing works for you but not for me. I have done a dozen tests today and it never ever works in my case.

- I have taken out all Vista updates. I am now using a normal unattended Vista SP1 installation from MSDN.

- I have taken out all additional software (Net Framework Updates, DirectX Updates, etc. etc.)

- I have taken out all Update from the Updates folder in Office 2007.

- I have used your Autoit Code from your thread, made an installer.exe and started this in WPI instead of my cmd.

Still, each and every time when Live meeting is installed, WPI dies.

I can only think of a few reasons now:

1. This is somehow related to the language of Vista or Office 2007. I am using a German version, yours is probably English.

2. Our Office settings files are the key to the solution and differ significantly.

3. This is somewhat related to the test machine. (I am using VMWare workstation 6.0.4) or the amount of memory, CPU cores or some other hardware option.

Other than that, I cannot think of any reason why this works for you but not for me. Do you or anyone else ?

Bye,

Alex

Hi Kel,

how were you able to recreate the error ? Did you use my settings file or was it something else ? I could use your settings file if you think it is related to that.

Try running the office install as normal with WPI BUT put the live meeting cmd in execute after and see if that makes a difference.

Tried it, no difference. WPI still dies during the lmconsole.msi installation.

Any other ideas ?

Thanks,

Alex

• 2 weeks later...