Looking for GUI Tools for WinPE

Faenshaer

I have a WinPE image that I am pretty happy with but I was hoping to include a GUI version of net use and diskpart in it does anyone know of any or have a preference. Also any other little knick knacks that you find useful would be appreciated.

The defrag tool bundled in that is pretty nice. And the PE Part is nice except it doesn't wanna work when I use it in the WinPE env. Does it rely on something beyond the built in diskpart.exe? I get an AutoIT error when trying to use it in WinPE.

Edited by Faenshaer

Cannot say, post the error you are getting on the original thread.

It is reported to be working on both Vista and PE, but maybe it is PE 1.x, i.e. XP/Server2003 based and not PE 2.x, i.e. Vista based.

You can try using Dependency Walker on it and see if anything is missing in your environment.

jaclaz

Thanks for the advice on Dependency Walker, downloaded figured it out and stared at the Sys32 folder until i felt loopy. :blink: Anyhow for anyone else who encounters an issue these were the files I had to include on my WinPE build for this to work. These need to be in Sys32: apphelp.dll, cdfview.dll, devmgr.dll, efsadu.dll, hlink.dll, hnetcfg.dll,

linkinfo.dll, mobsync.dll, mprui.dll, msgina.dll, msi.dll, msoert2.dll, netman.dll, netplwiz.dll, netui0.dll, netui1.dll,

netui2.dll, query.dll, shdocvw.dll, shsvcs.dll, uxtheme.dll, wzcdlg.dll, wzcsapi.dll, wzcsvc.dll.

And I had to copy these folders into the winsxs folder:

x86_Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.2600.2180_x-ww_a84f1ff9

x86_Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.2600.2982_x-ww_ac3f9c03