Another Issue with a website Content not being displayed...

Zac-UK

Hi there,

A client of mine has his own website in which he has links that are 'clickable' (I.E hyperlinked)

Currently these do not show. They show RED X instead. (Not the FF7 Character! :D)

The website address is -

http://www.extra-gtfc.co.uk/gtfcdirect/

However, it is the same on other sites with hyperlinks

in case you want to try it for yourself. Here is what i have tried so far with no luck

Deleting all internet temp files - no Luck

Running CCleaner with no Luck

Logging onto machine with different user - no luck

Installing Firefox - No Luck

Reinstalling IE7 - No Luck

Resetting IE7 to all Defaults - No Luck

General messing with IE7 - Cookie settings, pop up blocker turning off etc - No Luck

Windows Updates

(also 'show pictures' in IE7 is on)

The images that are being displayed are links to other sites, such as grocery stores and B&Q sites (they are suposed to be there, but also other images like the football clubs banner)

This is the code that i have pulled out that is linking to a site with a hyperlinked image.

here is the client view

GTFC.png

Any help would be appreciated, this is driving me insane! It seems limited only to that machine and not profile specific (if the user logs on elsewhere = it is fine)

ive also tried sites like MSFN + Slashdot (and strangely i can click the hyperlinked images :S)

Edited by Zac-UK

wait...

sorry about that part.

OK all these pictures that aren't showing up are redirecting advertisements. They are not being hosted on the server that the website is on.

While remote linking pictures is common today (with the whole 'paste this code into your website' fad) it is still far better to store the pictures on the webserver. If you are concerned about the websites those images link to disappearing or changing, just run a hyperlink validator on the site every month or two.

Edited by Tripredacus