Group Policy/DNS/AD Problem :(

hello, not been here in ages :|

set up a test lab, with Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition (was SP2 but had to uninstall it when it knocked off all my RIS Set up and replaced it with the new Deployment Service - which didnt work :S ) with a XP Pro SP2 Client, these are the only 2 machines in the lab, users can logon and browse the net, view Shared Folders, printers and logon to the Terminal Server. but GPO will not download... checked the MS website, that said to add a Registry key, but the problem is still there.

After checking event manager i get the following problem:

Description:

Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. (The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted. ). Group Policy processing aborted.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Source: Userenv

Event ID: 1053

Also, im using a Livebox as the Router, to connect the two ( i know its bad, but its all i have at the moment, isit this thats causing the problem, because i read some where that the DNS of the Server 03, is clashing with the DNS of the Livebox, becuase i dont use the Server 03 DHCP server, i use the DHCP of the Livebox.)

I Hope this is enough information, thanks

Very Confussed lol :)