Some questions.

Question 1.

Well im wondering, in the system properties, it shows the manufacturer. So I looked through the folder setup (sources>$OEM$>$$>Setup>Scripts) and there are acouple files there. Now to make it so the dell logo in the system properties is none existant, could I delete OOBE.CMD, DELL.REG, RUNBCD.EXE, SYSTEM.CMD and DELL.XML and it would remove the manufacturer logo and message thing?

Question 2.

How can I have a default background when you install the OS, like a custom background on install?

Thanks in advance.

Shadow

Question 1.

Well im wondering, in the system properties, it shows the manufacturer. So I looked through the folder setup (sources>$OEM$>$$>Setup>Scripts) and there are acouple files there. Now to make it so the dell logo in the system properties is none existant, could I delete OOBE.CMD, DELL.REG, RUNBCD.EXE, SYSTEM.CMD and DELL.XML and it would remove the manufacturer logo and message thing?

Question 2.

How can I have a default background when you install the OS, like a custom background on install?

Thanks in advance.

Shadow

T o answer Q1. there should be an image file called oemlogo.bmp or similar, Dell.bmp just delete that one. rather than deleting all the other oem files.

As far as Q2. have a search/read through the UA section it has been done.

Question 2.

Do you mean on the desktop ?

if this is so you have to mount your install.wim

mount\windows\web\wallpaper

change the default images 24 & 36 make sure that they are in jpeg format and the correct size.

Image 24=1920x1440

Image 36=1920x1200

Ok thanks, but it could be done, Like deleting the OOBE.CMD, DELL.REG, RUNBCD.EXE, SYSTEM.CMD and DELL.XM files?

But you have an oem version shipped with your Dell PC I take it? Deleting those files will render you to manually activate each & every time you reinstall windows?

Oh ok, Buster, I get an error when I try and mount the wim file. It says it cant find imagex.

Then I tryed a program to open it (winmount). But there was no "web" folder in the windows folder.

Edit: fixed

Edited by x-Shadow-x