Slipstreaming XP SP3

thx500

New user here.. I apologize if this has already been asked somewhere in the forums. I used the search feature and found nothing relevant to my issue.

Here goes: I just used nLite to integrate SP3 and configure it with the settings I was looking for. I installed the image on a Parallels VM for testing purposes. Everything went really quickly and smoothly, however:

- The file HHCTRL.OCX is always never included in the the system32 folder. Is there a way to just have it there included by default? Any specific setting in the nLite configuration to set? IzArc and Winzip 9.0 all whine about this file not being present.

- The command line tools are also not accessible from the command line. Telnet, ping, tracert, etc. are all nowhere to be found. Again, is there any specific setting I need to set in nLite to have this fixed?

Thanks a lot!

HHCTRL.OCX is part of the help system (html help ActiveX control), perhaps you might have removed something related to that.

In both cases, it's caused by things you've removed with nLite (can't say what for sure as I don't use it). On a stock XP SP3 install, HHCTRL.OCX is there, and the command line tools are there too. So it's not really a slipstreaming problem.

• 2 months later...

If you create an nLite install of Windows XP (for your EEE 901 ;-), and when you start up, you get an alert:

The title reads "RTHDCPL.exe Unable to locate component."

The alert reads "HHCTRL.OCX was not found."

The reason for this error is that you have removed the Help Engine in Operating System Options.

God knows why, but adding back in the Help Engine keeps HHCTRL.OCX in your i386 folder.

I have put this and other info for nLite/EEE at camrias. com