Now i'm REALLY convinced that 9x is better!

Th3_uN1Qu3

Win9x Pros:

Direct hardware access (people still use 98SE because it is the ONLY OS that supports this. (like DOS)

32bit and 16bit compatibility (try getting XP to play that Win3.1 game)

Viruses and malware can be removed from OUTSIDE the OS. (DOS boot disk?)

Three Finger Salute shows all the newer baddies.

Most newer baddies cannot even drop their payloads properly. (read someone else's comments for an anecdote)

Updates are lacking. Why is this good? Once you plug the **** hole, no one will be there punching another hole.

I'll add some more:

- Three Finger Salute stops the execution of all programs. See if you can stop malware on XP before it installs... :D

- Printing in black and white is far better. "Error diffusion" option is missing in XP.

- You can tell if you have a virus/malware just by looking at the HDD LED. ;)

- It makes you smarter! In Win98 you have to use DOS commands, registry tweaks, drivers, patches, replace files, edit .INI, etc. It makes you THINK.

Edited by Marius '95

I'll add some more:

- Three Finger Salute stops the execution of all programs. See if you can stop malware on XP before it installs... :D

- Printing in black and white is far better. "Error diffusion" option is missing in XP.

- You can tell if you have a virus/malware just by looking at the HDD LED. ;)

- It makes you smarter! In Win98 you have to use DOS commands, registry tweaks, drivers, patches, replace files, edit .INI, etc. It makes you THINK.

Great one man. And you know... In Vista you can't do those things even if you NEED TO. :no: