Update program

Hi

Ive looked all over for a program to suit my needs and cant find one so i decided to create one myself. After i use my unattended dvd to install windows XP and all of the programs that i want i find that somettimes i have to update my programs and i wanted something to do this for me. I have started to make the program pictured below in autoit.

It so far updates AVG antivirus and Spybot S&D. It runs the script and uses the programs own updaters to perform the update. I have also been working on some code to check for version numbers and check against online ver numbers so it can update that way but that will be foir a future version.

Whilst making this i also thought about other things it could do when i had finished my install or even whilst i left my computer on downloading, it could also perform other tasks so that my computer runtime wouldnt be used totally just for downloading. So i introduced tasks it could do such as running crap cleaner to get rid of temp files, running windows defrag and disk cleaner or JKDefrag and do a spyware check. :thumbup

I have uploaded 3 screens. 2 showing th eprogram as it currently is and another for what i have made for the future versions. I hope to add a section to update numerous antivirus and spyware programs and also firewalls and programs liek itunes, acrobat maybe even display and other drivers.

Please let me knwo what you think and any programs or tasks you would like ot see it do for when i release a alpha version. If you have any ideas let me know or if anyone has already created a program like this

Thanks

post-50647-1215376405_thumb.jpg

post-50647-1215376431_thumb.jpg

post-50647-1215376466_thumb.jpg

engjcowi, really good idea... I was just planing to do it. But I have to finish my Unattended XP first. :)

I will be using CCleaner, S&D, Eset Smart Security, JKDefrag, Perfectdisk, Foobar, TotalCMD, Firefox w/ addons, Superantispyware etc.

so ideally the best would be if I can update them :)

But seriously, I think most of the time I spend my time to find the updated versions of my used addons, here, at msfn.org.

So, we can make a list of the best ones and implement their addresses to your scheduled tasks to check if there is a newer version or not.

Then download it, then install it...

what do you think?