USB TV Stick no longer fully working.

blerk

Recently installed a nLited XP on a box with a DVB-T USB stick for telly, ProgDVB and several other programmes to watch telly all detect the stick and it also shows up fine in device manager, they just can't seem to initialise the stick. I left (or so I think) everything that has anything to do with USB, TV, and related stuff in XP but still no go. Can someone tell me what should have left in my XP the Last Session.ini is attached.

Edit: maybe good to mention the make of the stick; Geniatech t328b.

blerk.ini

Edited by blerk

Recently installed a nLited XP on a box with a DVB-T USB stick for telly, ProgDVB and several other programmes to watch telly all detect the stick and it also shows up fine in device manager, they just can't seem to initialise the stick. I left (or so I think) everything that has anything to do with USB, TV, and related stuff in XP but still no go. Can someone tell me what should have left in my XP the Last Session.ini is attached.

Edit: maybe good to mention the make of the stick; Geniatech t328b.

From their site:

System Requirements

Microsoft Windows XP
P3 600MHz CPU or above for SDTV
P4 2.0GHz CPU or above for HDTV
128M RAM or above for SDTV
256M RAM or above for HDTV
VGA Card with at least 16MB Memory for SDTV
VGA Card with at least 32MB Memory for HDTV
Sound Card or On Board Sound Chip
one Free USB 2.0 Port
(not compatible with USB1.1)
Microsoft Direct X 9.0 or above
Microsoft Media Player 9.0 or above
UHF/VHF Antenna for DVB-T Terrestrial TV

So, this is what you shouldn't have removed:

Windows Media Player

Windows Media Player 6.4

And make **** sure you have drivers for these:

Sound Controllers

Display Adapters

Display Adapters (old)

Here's other things that could IMO potentially cause trouble:

Cameras and camcorders

Portable Audio

Scanners

Toshiba DVD decoder card

Multifunctional

Acm Core Codecs

ActiveX for streaming video

Intel Indeo codecs

Media Center

MIDI audio support

(some items more, some less). I know I wouldn't remove them if I was building for such a purpose.

GL

Alright I readded some components and the stick is working again, one problem left which probaly has somethign todo with database stuff, when trying to start the EPG (electronic programme guide) one bit of media software just crashes, the EPG itself works fine in others so it is just with this program, I suspected it was Jet, but when I manually reinstalled Jet database it still crashed, is reinstalling Jet enough after taking it out with nLite? What else could cause this crash/what other database stuff is there? Thanks for the help so far! My new Last Session.ini is attached for your convenience.

blerk.ini

Edited by blerk

Alright I readded some components and the stick is working again, one problem left which probaly has somethign todo with database stuff, when trying to start the EPG (electronic programme guide) one bit of media software just crashes, the EPG itself works fine in others so it is just with this program, I suspected it was Jet, but when I manually reinstalled Jet database it still crashed, is reinstalling Jet enough after taking it out with nLite? What else could cause this crash/what other database stuff is there? Thanks for the help so far! My new Last Session.ini is attached for your convenience.

I viewed your new ini and can't find anything obvious. But MAYBE they implemented some of the program's features through some of these (maybe they use a DLL that depends on them):

Cameras and camcorders

MS XML 2.0 (very unlikely; you should have 4 or 6 anyway)

HTTP SSL (also I think this is a server-side component)

Message Queuing (MSMQ)

Performance Logs and Alerts

RemoveMUI (or anything to have with languages; who knows how the program was written; but this is the las measure I would try, only in despair :))

Anyway, it can be a case of poorly written (or misconfigured) program and not to have anything with nLite.

GL