Running nlite from Vista

*John*

Can nlite run from Vista without problems? Are any of you nliting XP cd's from Vista without problems?

I'm planning on nliting a windows xp pro sp2 CD to include some drivers and sp3, but I don't have a windows xp install to do it from, just a Vista install.

Will all that work fine, or can I expect some known quirks/bugs in the resulting cd, or for it not to work at all?

Thanks! :)

Works fine for me. Ok, I got a problem but it will work good, it's not related to NLite. Haven't tried slipstream SP3 though, not home, so I am on a 3G connection, so I can't download it ;)

My first two attempts at slipstreaming were on Vista and it resulted in the installation not accepting CD Keys so I switched to doing it on a XP installation. I think I read somewhere on the forum that if you're going to do it through vista, which you say you have no choice, then you'll have to slipstream Sp2 first or something like that. Anyway, just do a search for it if the problem comes up.

Edited by Prydeless

Works totally fine for me in Vista. Didn't even notice a difference after using it in XP for god-only-knows-how-many years.

But since the slipstream is done by calling a buggy Microsoft installer (everything Microsoft is buggy...) for installing a service pack, you might have to do some electronic boxing in order to make it work properly. Evidently SP3 doesn't slipstream properly under Vista. Haven't run into that problem because I did all my slipstreaming in XP. *shrug* YMMV. Best to slipstream SPs into a unified "all in one" image/folder, hold onto that, and nLiten copies of those as needed.

See picture... you can create an ISO like that (that cross-references files duplicated between versions) using ImgBurn, just go into Options, Build, and "Optimise duplicate files" (yeah, typo and all). :)

(edit: Picture would be good to attach)

post-125405-1215237341_thumb.png

Edited by Volatus