Im making myself a new computer and i need your help.

Oziyn

Hey everybody,

Im making myself a new computer and i need your help.

Ive only chosen some parts but i will post the rest asap.

I'm planning on OC'ing the CPU to 3.6-4.2 area and im hoping that will be good enough to play Crysis on full settings.

Im getting the Saphire HD4850 512MB PCI- Express graphics card.

The Intel core 2 duo Wolfdale E7200 2.53 GHz FSB 1066 3mb CPU.

The Seagate 500GB 7200RPM 32MB Cache Serial ATA Hard Drive.

i still havent chosen the ram and the mobo so if you guys have any suggestions please tell me because i need a good OC'ing mobo and about 2 gig of ram for now.

THX!

http://www.lucomputers.com/product_parts_d...p;parent_id=100

• 1 month later...

Ram and mobo huh? Always been partial to Kingston and Crucial higher end ram but now I'm leaning towards Corsair. I'm running their dominator 1066mhz ram now and haven't had an issue overclocking. They make a nice cooling fan unit, cools 4 gigs just fine. As for motherboards, I'm looking for a highend gaming board right now, still havent decided. Really p***ed at gigabyte these days. I picked up their Quad N680-SLIDQ6 rev. 2 and was fighting drivers in XP for over a year, went to Vista Ultimate out of necessity and now my nforce drivers are finally working properly. Make sure you get some decent cooling for your system. Thermaltake and Asus have a nice high end cpu cooler, corsair for your ram, and get a box that allows additional 120mm fans.

Really p***ed at gigabyte these days. I picked up their Quad N680-SLIDQ6 rev. 2 and was fighting drivers in XP for over a year, went to Vista Ultimate out of necessity and now my nforce drivers are finally working properly.

You can't blame Gigabyte for nforce's buggy drivers. Lots of people are having problem with those, no matter who makes the board.

I love my gigabyte board personally, but it has an Intel chipset :)